I'll be stepping off NOBO on or about 1 March 2020 from Springer for a two month LASH. (I know . . . Better weather, more daylight, lighter pack if I were to wait 6 or 8 weeks to start but, I don't have that luxury. I've got March 1st to May 1st.)I'm a committed hammocker and have my sleep system pretty dialed in for that time of year (0 degree UQ, 20 degree TQ, full coverage tarp with doors, etc.). After saying that, I am a slim, 70 year old, in good physical condition but, I do tend to sleep cold especially, when I first get into the hammock and often between 2:00 and 4:00 am. I've been on many 7-10 day backpacking trips and, in cold weather, I usually bring a 1L Nalgene, fill it with near boiling water, stuff it in a woolly sock and sleep soundly with that as my hot water bottle. The other trick I've used is to bring along one of those chemical hand/foot warmer packets instead of the Nalgene bottle.So, here is my dilemma. I don't want to carry a -20 degree UQ. I'd prefer not to bring the extra weight of the Nalgene and additional fuel to heat the water or extra weight of chemical hand warmers and the trash they generate but, I don't want to embark on a LASH in March and sleep cold every night either.Am I overthinking this? I mean, I will suck up the extra weight of micro spikes for safety's sake. Should I just think of the Nalgene as a safety item rather than a luxury item?

Any words of wisdom?