WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default North Georgia Shuttles

I'm looking for some around or that cover the Suches, GA area. The one on the sticky list responded that he is not currently providing service.

Images

ron brown or the hike inn might do it, unless those are the ones you've tried..

also look for a Gambit and a reply from him as he has a list in his signature column...

I solely used Ron Brown For Deep Gap South to Springer

Ron and I have driven the backroads of GA all thru the hours of the night getting me to the trail to complete sections. I think the latest he dropped me off one time was 2am to start a section.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Joyce and Sally are fantastic. Their number is listed on the "Shuttle Providers" on the main page of White Blaze.

I can definitely recommend The Further Shuttle with Donald Ballard, he's often on this site so feel free to look him up. Donald and his wife, Mary, have shuttled me and my friends three or four times now and they are prompt, professional, helpful and are quick to respond to texts. I'm sure the others mentioned above are also great, but I've never had need to use them.

I recently used all the of those listed above and thought they were most excellent. Can't go wrong. Santa Mike on the other hand, returned my call a full day and many, many miles too late to be of any use.

Images

Santa Mike on the other hand, returned my call a full day and many, many miles too late to be of any use.

maybe he was out shuttling someone already....

which leads me to ask---how far in advance did you try setting up a shuttle with him?

to me---calling one day and expecting a shuttle that same day, is kinda unreasonable.......

as shuttlers often have other people they are shuttling and most i would think, have other jobs and an outside life....

can't expect a shuttle to be at one's beck and whim....

We spoke a week out, at which time he was given my approximate schedule and the promise that I would give him a few hours notice of when I needed a lift, which is perfectly reasonable.

While I understand he may have been out shuttling, understand that I am very reasonable, understanding and good with communication.

When I was within 3-4 hours of needing a ride, I called and left a message. I followed that up with a text message just in case he was at work. When he finally got back with me the next day, it was as if he hadn't even noticed the time and date the messages were sent / received. He wasn't unpleasant, I just got the vibe that he may not been paying attention to his phone. No big deal really except that everyone else I worked with on shuttles or, for hostel stays, were on the mark.

As I understand it, there are a lot of popup shuttle services and, that some of them aren't so reliable. I don't know if that was the case so, I just moved on to the next service.

++ New Posts ++