Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 229
  1. #141

    Default

    You can't possibly be that obtuse.

  2. #142

    Default

    Not obtuse,just curious as to why you care if anyone has anything on their person that could be used as a weapon for self defense or come to the aid of others.

  3. #143

    Default

    I don't care what you carry on your person, especially if you're doing so legally.

    I have a real problem with the argument that you're carrying it for my defense. Stop kidding yourself. You're carrying it because of something YOU are afraid of. I'm not asking you to do it, and have no appreciation for the what-if claim that you'll suddenly come to my rescue in time of need. One of many reasons I go into the woods is to get away. Stop bringing your own terrors into the woods.

  4. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    I don't care what you carry on your person, especially if you're doing so legally.

    I have a real problem with the argument that you're carrying it for my defense. Stop kidding yourself. You're carrying it because of something YOU are afraid of. I'm not asking you to do it, and have no appreciation for the what-if claim that you'll suddenly come to my rescue in time of need. One of many reasons I go into the woods is to get away. Stop bringing your own terrors into the woods.
    Not carrying it for YOUR defense and never said that I was;so stop putting words in my mouth.I carry it for a number of reasons like building a fire,cutting a package or a root in a cathole.Trust me sir,I have absolutely no intention of defending you nor do I bring "my terrors to the woods".Well,except I might be concerned about running out of water so I bring a spare bag. You got a problem with that?

    You still have not said why it matters to you what anyone carries.You do realize people carry all sorts of stuff,right? And should we meet,you would never see my little knife,OK,so stop being terrified of people like me.

  5. #145

    Default

    At no point in this entire back and forth have I suggested or thought that those were -your- words. This conversation started with me quoting a different person.
    I -have- said that I DON'T care what legal weapons others carry. You're continuing to respond to things that are opposite to what I've said.

    You have a serious issue with comprehending my posts.

  6. #146

    Default

    I never presented the argument that I was carrying it for your defense.Maybe you should consider your own comprehension and hypersensitive reactions to the comments of others.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    3,226
    Images
    3

    Default

    sorry for interrupting but can someone kinda remind me how many of these mass shootings we have had recently, have been stopped by a non law enforcement (as in, private citizen) person carrying a gun?

  8. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I never presented the argument that I was carrying it for your defense.Maybe you should consider your own comprehension and hypersensitive reactions to the comments of others.
    What are you talking about?
    Again...
    I don't think you presented that argument.
    I haven't said you presented that argument.
    I've told you this repeatedly but you keep going there.

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-02-2013
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Your details on the 1988 murder are factually incorrect.
    Well, that is what the murderer's defense was--that he got enraged by the lesbian sex.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Rebecca_Wight

    Police arrested Carr on a warrant from Florida for grand larceny.[12] Carr waived his right to a jury trial in exchange for an agreement by the prosecution not to seek the death penalty.[13] At trial, Carr claimed he had been enraged by the sight of the two women having sex, that the two women had taunted him by having sex in front of him. His public defender said he'd been raped in a Florida prison, and sexually abused as a child. The attorney claimed that the couple's lesbianism was provocation that caused her client "inexplicable rage."
    Time is but the stream I go afishin' in.
    Thoreau

  10. #150

    Default

    Go read your post number 143-"I have a real problem with the argument that you're carrying it for my defense".
    I never made that argument and honestly do not know how you arrived at that conclusion.

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    3,226
    Images
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Go read your post number 143-"I have a real problem with the argument that you're carrying it for my defense".
    I never made that argument and honestly do not know how you arrived at that conclusion.



    you need to read post #136.........

  12. #152

    Default

    I did not make post 136.

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    3,226
    Images
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I did not make post 136.




    and there ya go.............

    hence why calebj replied with this----

    "What are you talking about?
    Again...
    I don't think you presented that argument.
    I haven't said you presented that argument.
    I've told you this repeatedly but you keep going there"

  14. #154

    Default

    Exactly. At no point was I suggesting that you made that argument.

  15. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassius View Post
    To all those that are opposed to carrying a weapon on the AT. I ask this question ....if you are put in harmís way and I am near by would like me to help you or just walk away....Enjoy your hike!....
    Bassius does not say he is carrying a knife here for your defense or anyone else's.He does ask if you would want help if the case should arise.You people are "stretching" for it.

  16. #156

    Default

    And I have a real problem with that nonsensical argument. Like I said.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    3,226
    Images
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Bassius does not say he is carrying a knife here for your defense or anyone else's.He does ask if you would want help if the case should arise.You people are "stretching" for it.


    It's not a stretch at all----bassius, by way of his/her wording, is implying that
    he or she is carrying a weapon of some sort......

    that's the "help" part of it all.....

  18. #158

    Default

    You are "Stretching" to think that anyone is carrying any sort of weapon "to satisfy irrational fantasies of rescuing us".I simply don't believe that to be the case and to be quite honest,I doubt most people who carry a knife have ever given it much thought.

  19. #159

    Default

    Except that's precisely what was suggested. Any other interpretation is wishful thinking.

  20. #160

    Default

    That's not what he said.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •