WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Now that's hilarious, is that Rambo security service for the pride parade?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    Most people do freeze when confronted by a threat.

I have a perfect example and it cracks me up EVERYTIME.

We take a group of individuals and get them much better than your average joe with a defensive pistol. Drawing from holster, reloads, malfunction drills, moving, communicating, etcetera. They're actually pretty good shots at this point. Out to 25 to boot.

We started with paper silhouttes. And then we moved onto a paper bad guy with a gun pointed at you. Same idea. But now theres a bad guy with a gun rather than an innocent blob.

For the last 4000 rounds. Everyone always waited my command "UP" to run thru a drill. And the drill was to shoot the bad guy with a gun. Lots and lots of dead bad paper bad guys.

Now everyones on the line. Everyones locked and loaded. Everyones feeling confident.

I yell.. "That guys got a gun" pointing at the paper bad guy.

99% of the time. Noone shoots him. Noone. Everyone looks around and doesn't know what to do lol. Everyone is baffled. Then I pull out my pistol and shoot them. Because someone had to.

Then everyone realizes what happened. That their brain failed them because it got wired a certain way. Noone yells "UP" when someones coming into a place with a weapon.

You'd think when someones screams "That dudes got a gun" while pointing at said gentleman. A line full of 10-12 proficient pistol shooters would ventilate the crap out of them...but.. crickets.

The brain is weird thing to train.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    That is very funny and a great example. And I concur 100 % . That's one reason why I think it's important to discuss active self protection if we find ourselves in the woods with a crazy person , might not be a bad idea to discuss as many life saving choices as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieDust66 View Post
    Carrying a gun is perfectly legal on many parts of the trail and many hikers with a concealed carry license carry a fire arm and you don’t even know it ...........
    Seems like a contradictory statement. I am curious where you get this info. If many hikers carry a gun and you don't even know it, how could you know how many are carrying?
    Last edited by TexasBob; 12-16-2019 at 11:13.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
    Seems like a contradictory statement. I am curious where you get this info. If many hikers carry a gun and you don't even know it, how could you know how many are carrying?
    How many is many? I have carried concealed on the AT and nobody knew it. But I've been asked many times "do you carry a gun on the AT?" and I alway answer truthfully. It's not an uncommon question from other hikers and non-hikers. I've hiked around many hikers I know and found out after the hike that they were carrying concealed. I wish they would have told me beforehand so I could have saved some weight and left my firearm at home!

-

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post

Typically the people carrying a weapon on trail are more of a danger to themselves than anything
    been around the "gun culture" a lot - it is not only on the trail, but everywhere - other than LEO, about 3/4 of those who carry are their own greatest hazard - and some LEO......

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    been around the "gun culture" a lot - it is not only on the trail, but everywhere - other than LEO, about 3/4 of those who carry are their own greatest hazard - and some LEO......
    bull.......

-

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    bull.......
    you will change my statement of what I see first hand at training events

ie. 8 in a class for NRA pistol instructor, the other 7 carried daily, I was the only legit "pass" of the range portion and it was not challenging - if they were not keeping that level of proficiency, then carrying was more hazardous than not

Looks about done.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
++ New Posts ++