Hey all;
I'm not really a climber (at least not technical), but I occasionally do find myself on a rock scramble where I need to use both hands and feet. I am now looking for a new pair of gloves to protect my hands, but also to give me the best grip on the rock.
A friend has a pair of the full finger BD Crag Climbing gloves. They look really good, but I'm wondering whether I am sacrificing something if I go with full finger vs half.
For one thing, the half finger would be more convenient if I want to stop and take a photo with my phone. I don't think the full finger gloves will allow this.
Another pro for half finger would be the additional dexterity of the fingertips. But at the same time, it is also possible to injure the fingertips if not protected.

After type, I am thinking size. The largest dimension of my hand is just short of 9in measured around the hand at the knuckles. This puts me at the tight end of BD's size men's medium. Normally, I would always go with a large glove size. The larger size makes them much easier to slip on and off, and if they're too tight, that would put strain on the stitching, possibly causing premature failure.
OTOH, I was reading that you really want climbing gloves to fit snugly. The reason for this is obvious to me, but still I hesitate to go with the M rather than L size.
So I guess the real question (about size) is how much will the BD Crag gloves stretch?
Unfortunately, I am unable to find these gloves at my local retailer, where I could try them on for size and feel, but I will continue to search. Perhaps it is worth driving an extra 10 miles to find a retailer that stocks them. Otherwise, I'm going to buy them on Amazon and hope for the best. I believe they are returnable, but I would probably have to pay for shipping.

I appreciate your advice.
Thanks
Aredn