WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Patiagonia NanoPuff

I bought this new about 3 weeks ago I have walk in it 4 times (no sweat short walks) Med, Navey blu , hoodless. Like new. Mailed & PP for $125.20191123_181514.jpg

Images

Curious as to why you are selling it. I was thinking of getting one of these myself but I'm not sure how warm they are.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

Images

Quote Originally Posted by foodbag View Post
    Curious as to why you are selling it. I was thinking of getting one of these myself but I'm not sure how warm they are.
    I've had the 1/4 zip version for a number of years. I'd say it's good on its own to about 40°F with a mid weight base layer. It's very wind resistant as well, and will shed a little water, but it will wet out in actual rain. For me, it's perfect for the coldest evenings and mornings in the Whites in summer and even into shoulder season if the weather is fair. Along with with a Marmot Precip it's pretty much my go to upper layer outerwear in late spring/summer/early fall. With a tee shirt + mid weight base layer + Nanopuff + Precip (and suitable bottoms and hat) I've never been cold in camp even in the 30's. Usually it's coldest in the morning around dawn, but by the time you have a cup of Joe and get moving, it's plenty of insulation, generally too much to actually hike in while wearing. If there is a downside to the Nano it's breathability, regular (not windproof) fleece breathes better if it's cold enough to actually wear while hiking, and has a nicer feel to it, but it's a bit heavier as well. For colder temps where you need to wear more than a midweight base layer while actually hiking, I think fleece is a better choice.
    Last edited by 4eyedbuzzard; 11-27-2019 at 16:18.

I used my old one 5 years I really liked it. I might start backpacking with it on but it came off quick, Its great to have aroud camp on cold mornings and nights but I only used it down to arounnd 15 and I get moving pretty quick. The fit on this one is a bit slim for me. I like the ful zip no hood.

++ New Posts ++