WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

:banana FINALLY !!! A new book about HIKING the Appalachian Trail is here!

I've read countless books on hiking and always on the lookout for fresh hiking reading material. The usual suspects, you know. I actually got tired of reading the same old, same old recommended "stale" hiking books from years gone by.

I found this newer book on sale this week The Appalachian Trail Dirt Under My Boots and everywhere else from a previous post below. This guy is definitely an up and coming Bill Bryson replacement in the world of writing. He added humor and wit combined with an excellent easy to read writing style. I chuckled at many things and finished this book in five hours since I could not put it down. An adventure that only a true hiker would embrace. In fact, this book has even more information in it about the trail and hiking. The reviews on Goodreads was pretty good too.

Especially reading about "Foul-mouth" a cursing woman he met on the trail, who had no idea he gave her that trail name and for good reason. So, if your tired of reading what everybody else is reading, I'd suggest this book. I can see it becoming a good seller. Forget the the others and open your mind to even more GREAT reading!
    Attached Images Attached Images

++ New Posts ++