Just checked out this subforum and realize there hasnt been any posts in a long time here.

So What Light is Everyone Using these days?

Pros, Cons, Buy or Burn?

I will say I have a couple Princeton Tec Vizz Headlamps that Ive used for years neither of them are the higher lumen one they offer these days the Vizz 400 lumen. I bought them back then because they were at the time the only headlamp that could consistently run lithiums without frying the electronics. Not an issue Now at all. I will say I really like the Vizz it just does what it's suppose to do. I like running it on Lithiums they just store better and run better in my opinion. I tried rechargeables Rayovacs and man are they junk they go dead quick and dont hold a charge for now for more than a day before going dead.

I've used the Vizz as a bike light just removed the strap and attached it to my stem with 2 ranger bands. It works very well in that regard.

Down side is that the switch can be finicky to get the setting you want. Like trying to get into Red mode can be a real bear sometimes especially if you dont remember the button presses required.

I'm liking some of the new lights I've been seeing that actually have seperate switches for red and white light modes. Even seen a rechargeable Ozark Trail 300 lumen model that offer that for under $25. I may have to give this headlamp a try.

But thought I might bring this subforum back up into conversation and See whatchya all got goin.