Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User andymc's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-24-2016
    Location
    Floyd, VA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    50

    Default Trailstar users...

    Just picked one up. What inner setups do y’all use? I plan on using tyvek this winter and may add a sol blanket. Looks like bug protection may be tricky when sleeping two?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    Default

    This is largely an east coast hiking crowd with not a large number of tarp users using a tarp such as the Trailstar. Suggest looking on line specifically those European Great Britain hardy hikers who have done British hikes. The trailstar is/has been popular on the TGO Challenge in Scotland. Several excellent well informed adaptable users with vids on line using this shelter.

    I've only seen others use them and they might use a 1P inner bug bivy under it or a groundcloth with a dog and second p.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andymc View Post
    Just picked one up. What inner setups do y’all use? I plan on using tyvek this winter and may add a sol blanket. Looks like bug protection may be tricky when sleeping two?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try here: https://www.bearpawwd.com/custom_ord...tom_orders.php

  4. #4
    Registered User andymc's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-24-2016
    Location
    Floyd, VA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by needlefish View Post
    Thank you! Pentanet looks intriguing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-21-2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    820
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andymc View Post
    Thank you! Pentanet looks intriguing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would use a bivy or the MLD inner net tent which is specific to the Trailstar. Don't buy from Bearpaw - they product is garbage quality and their customer service matches that. Do a google search on them.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2012
    Location
    Mid Atlantic
    Posts
    1,043
    Images
    9

    Default

    There is also a company called Oooworks that a lot of UK users like.\ that make inner nets for the Trailstar.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    There is also a company called Oooworks that a lot of UK users like.\ that make inner nets for the Trailstar.
    i don't think he's making inner nets, only bath tub floors.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-23-2006
    Location
    Melbourne,Australia
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    He used to make inners but not anylonger .
    to quote the site " Absolutely no nests. Don't bother asking."
    I suggest reading that page first anyway.
    http://oookworks.com/

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •