WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Problem with Guthook App ???

In Feb 2017 I purchased Guthooks AT guide and it worked fine for me. Then the other day I was doing a little preplaning for a hike and when I opened Guthook all I got was the approach trail. I went to Google play store and my subscription showed up under purchase history but not under paid subscriptions. Play Store would not let me restore Guthooks.
    So I went to the Atlas Guides website and have sent several emails the last few days. I keep getting replies that my message was received and they will get back to me within 24 hrs.
    But I have yet to get a reply. Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know how to get hold of them? Or does anybody know how to solve this problem.

Thanks, Mike

I had a problem where many waypoints were missing from the section I was hiking. Some sort of corruption. I deleted the app and reloaded it. I then had to redownload the maps and pictures.

Ok it turned out to be a problem with the cache in Google Play Store. Once I cleared the cache it restored fine. I still wonder why Guthooks and Atlas Guides never got back to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking man & Spider View Post
    Ok it turned out to be a problem with the cache in Google Play Store. Once I cleared the cache it restored fine. I still wonder why Guthooks and Atlas Guides never got back to me though.
    I've had to contact a couple of times recently and they always emailed me back within a day or two. Their customer service is pretty good. Guthook has a presence on this forum, so maybe they will see your post and respond.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Journal Entries
    Images

I been having the same issue. They are under Atlas Guide now on Google Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking man & Spider View Post
    In Feb 2017 I purchased Guthooks AT guide and it worked fine for me. Then the other day I was doing a little preplaning for a hike and when I opened Guthook all I got was the approach trail. I went to Google play store and my subscription showed up under purchase history but not under paid subscriptions. Play Store would not let me restore Guthooks.
    So I went to the Atlas Guides website and have sent several emails the last few days. I keep getting replies that my message was received and they will get back to me within 24 hrs.
    But I have yet to get a reply. Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody know how to get hold of them? Or does anybody know how to solve this problem.

Thanks, Mike

Crazy Larry,
    If you are still having the problem try emptying Google's cache then reinstall Guthooks. Worked for me.....I'm still a little upset that Atlas Guides never got back to me, they shouldn't send out email that they will be in touch within 24 hrs then not follow up. It took me hours upon hours to figure it out on my own.

Leonidas

Did you check your junk mail? I have contacted them multiple times and always had a prompt response.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

++ New Posts ++