WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Zpacks Duplex Tent Bag

Question for duplex owners: mine is about 3 years old and the tent bag is mostly shreded. It is out of warranty.

I am not interested in a replacement from zpacks as I want one more durable. Does anyone know what size stuff sack would be a good replacement. I would like the smallest one possible because I have a smaller pack and volume is sometimes an issue for me.

I'd start by measuring the size of the original bag. If the tent fit into the original bag loosely, then you can probably go a little smaller. If you really had to cram it in, then probably not. Or forget the bag completely and just stuff the tent into the bottom of the pack.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries

Mine shredded on my thru. A friend made a replacement made of the same CF material and it has held up well. That replacement was tapped, not sown. I don't recall the size, just that this bag I received was a perfect fit.

Cuben fiber stuff sacks are overrated. Especially for shelters and such.

I recommend a quality silnylon bag over dcf for shelters. Ron Bell from MLD ships his dcf shelters in nylon bags for this exact reason. DCF sacks don't last.

I truly dont understand why Zpacks continues to put stuff in .51 stuff sacks. I understand its leftover material from shelters... but .51 stuff sacks typically shredded after one thru. For most people.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    Cuben fiber stuff sacks are overrated. Especially for shelters and such.

I recommend a quality silnylon bag over dcf for shelters. Ron Bell from MLD ships his dcf shelters in nylon bags for this exact reason. DCF sacks don't last.

I truly dont understand why Zpacks continues to put stuff in .51 stuff sacks. I understand its leftover material from shelters... but .51 stuff sacks typically shredded after one thru. For most people.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    I think pretty much all of Zpacks’ stuff is dying after a thru

++ New Posts ++