WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hey Disabled Vets - Here's a great deal

I know there are some veterans that lurk here, and if any of these vets are classified as disabled, this might be of interest. According to this blog on a VA site, Disabled Veterans are eligible for free National Park Service Lifetime Access Pass. Looks like something worth having, so I'm going to go ahead and apply. Below is the link to the blog with info on how to apply.

Free National Park Service Lifetime Access Pass
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Thanks, I'll send the link to my BIL. he will appreciate it.

I actually received mine about a month ago. I have a 10% rating. Have your paperwork ready (VA acceptance letter, etc.) and as I recall a $10 processing fee.

As an aside, I also have a lifetime Florida State Parks Pass, also free. Although it has to be renewed every ten years as there isn't a separate card for lifetime. The standard Florida State Parks pass has ten years marked on it, with the expiration year punched out. So disabled vets get the last year on the card punched out, then have to get a new one. Still no cost and not a big deal. At least that's how it's worked for me.

Yes this pass is out there , It's called the America the Beautiful pass and is free to disabled vets . I am not sure what the minimum VA rating is . I am 100% through the VA .Also most states have passes for their residents . Here in NY it is called the lifetime liberty pass . a google search will get you more info than I have . I used it at Shenandoah NP saved $30 each time . good 97% of National Parks .

I was recently discussing this pass with a local NPS ranger. He assured me that even as a veteran with a non-service related disability, I can still get a free pass. I just need to bring the letter from my Work Comp judgement, along with my photo ID and DD214. I haven't gone up to the park with my paperwork yet, but I plan to.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

I got mine today because of this thread. I went to a National historical site with my documentation and was out of there in 3 minutes with my new lifetime card and there was no $10 processing fee. Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by orthofingers View Post
    I got mine today because of this thread. I went to a National historical site with my documentation and was out of there in 3 minutes with my new lifetime card and there was no $10 processing fee. Thanks for posting this.
    You're welcome. I'm glad some vets can take advantage of this. It can sure come in handy while hiking or just visiting parks and sites.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

This isn't just for Vets. Any Disabled American is eligible for a Lifetime Access Pass. All you have to to do is bring one of the forms of proof to an issuing park. I just showed them my benefits letter and they gave me a pass took less than 2 minutes.
    Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!

Images

A big"thank you for your service" to all the vets that have posted here. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    A big"thank you for your service" to all the vets that have posted here. Thank you!
    +1
    Thank you for your service!

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Yes indeed thank you so much for your sacrifices and service!!

You can can also get them at the main gate at certain parks. I just brought my VA paperwork and they processed it right there and handed me my card.

++ New Posts ++