WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hammock camping from Nebraska

We are a backing and camping family from Nebraska. We have dreamed for years of tackling the AT. During the years preparing we have decided to document our goofy family having fun along the way and share with the world who enjoys they same.
    Always looking for advice on how to best tackle the AT.

If anyone would like to see our goofy family in action check us out online.

https://youtu.be/20zMbmJ8u1M

https://www.instagram.com/402_outdoors/

https://twitter.com/Outdoors402

https://www.facebook.com/402outdoors

Good for you'll getting out there, I love winter camping/ hiking and the challenge of it all like freezing water ( I had to switch to aqua Maria in winter keep freezing sawyers) and cold pooping, fire etc. I thought the video was a bit long and you didn't describe any of your cold weather gear hammock, quilt, pads. Just saying. I like that extendable blow tube he was using on the fire. Are you not using reflextex food warmers for your meal bags?

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Good for you'll getting out there, I love winter camping/ hiking and the challenge of it all like freezing water ( I had to switch to aqua Maria in winter keep freezing sawyers) and cold pooping, fire etc. I thought the video was a bit long and you didn't describe any of your cold weather gear hammock, quilt, pads. Just saying. I like that extendable blow tube he was using on the fire. Are you not using reflextex food warmers for your meal bags?
    Agree on a bit long, and after we looked at our footage we realized we did a horrible job showing any gear. We are doing a 2 day trip late in January and will definitely focus on doing better.

Just hearing about reflextex pot cozys but definitely sounds like a much better method of warming items. Thank you for your honest feedback and helpful tip.

The reflextex cozy keeps stuff warm and hot for a long time . I've made them for pots, cups, and for mountain house meal bags. I also make them for my nalgene in winter, which I double up, make one to put your nalgene in and another to go over top of other cozy helps keep from freezing. Watch some YouTube videos on it better than me trying to explain. And you're welcome anytime that's why we're here.
    Last edited by JNI64; 12-31-2019 at 22:25.

Oh and it should be 420 outdoors.

Hey guys just caught your last video, Looked like alot of fun . How far did you hike in and what kind of Polk are you using? Sucks you lost some video. That smoked fish looked really good bet it tastes even better being out there. How did you make the holes in the ice some sort of hand alger? I see you'll made some reflextex warmers awesome great job. What better bonding time than getting out there like that . Oh forgot to ask did you ever find out where all the wild cat noises and gun shot noises were coming from and why all night got me curious? Anybody else out there know why maybe DNR or whoever's would be playing a loud audio all night of Bobcats or cougar and gunfire? I'm thinking to keep some nuisance animals away?
    Last edited by JNI64; 02-03-2020 at 08:37.

++ New Posts ++