WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best hike 2019?

First backpacking trip for my 11 y/o son this past August. Three days/Two nights @ Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park in UP Michigan. He enjoys it more than my 15 y/o did when I took him on his first trip around the same age.

I also hiked the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and another trip into the "Porkies" with friends, but the dad/son trip was the best!

Quote Originally Posted by trailmercury View Post
    First backpacking trip for my 11 y/o son this past August. Three days/Two nights @ Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park in UP Michigan. He enjoys it more than my 15 y/o did when I took him on his first trip around the same age.

I also hiked the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and another trip into the "Porkies" with friends, but the dad/son trip was the best!
    So cool good for you, these are some of my favorite hiking stories , parents getting out there with their kids. No better bonding time right.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JPritch View Post
    I did the Wonderland Trail in September, and that is up there on my all-time favorites list.
    yep, we did a LOT of backpacking in 2019, all over the country, but the WT was our favorite for the year, second only for all-time favorite to the Sierra High Route (2017), which I doubt can ever be beat, and in fact we plan to repeat, with variations, in 2020. It almost doesn't seem possible that we can hike in such ridiculously endless incredible beauty, and not see another soul for days and days on end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++