WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Mystery ranch.

Default Mystery ranch.

Picked up a Mystery Ranch Sphinx for a great price, anybody ever use one?

https://www.sierra.com/mystery-ranch...T#specsSection

That is a great price. My wife has the female version (in purple... I call it "Barney") and likes hers. We normally use it for winter/extended trips, or when she is bringing her photography equipment.

People here will poo poo it for weight, but it has a great suspension and is incredibly comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SWODaddy View Post
    That is a great price. My wife has the female version (in purple... I call it "Barney") and likes hers. We normally use it for winter/extended trips, or when she is bringing her photography equipment.

People here will poo poo it for weight, but it has a great suspension and is incredibly comfortable.
    That's what I bought it for was for carrying winter/ extended trips.

Quote Originally Posted by ratamahattayou View Post
    Picked up a Mystery Ranch Sphinx for a great price, anybody ever use one?

https://www.sierra.com/mystery-ranch...T#specsSection
    I have extensive experience with 3 MR packs---the G series G5000, G6000 and G7000.

They can haul some real world weight in the 80 lb range and are for the most part excellent packs except for one nagging complaint---the G series pack hipbelts all use plastic stiffeners as "wings" which surround and cup the hipbelt foam cushions and always end up resting on my flesh and digging into the flesh. Very noticeable and very uncomfortable.

Here's the G6000 in action. No wonder they discontinued all their G series packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    I have extensive experience with 3 MR packs---the G series G5000, G6000 and G7000.

They can haul some real world weight in the 80 lb range and are for the most part excellent packs except for one nagging complaint---the G series pack hipbelts all use plastic stiffeners as "wings" which surround and cup the hipbelt foam cushions and always end up resting on my flesh and digging into the flesh. Very noticeable and very uncomfortable.

Here's the G6000 in action. No wonder they discontinued all their G series packs.

40 to 50 pounds will be pushing it, unless it's a 7 day trip.

++ New Posts ++