Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    I'm talking about your battery bank. How is your Anker 6700 so light? You claimed the whole setup (solar panel, battery bank, and cable) weigh 6.5oz. My 3400mah battery bank weighs 3oz alone. My solar panel (the exact same as yours) weighs 79 grams. A usb cable is typically half and ounce. Your battery bank really weighs 3oz for a 6700?
    Yikes! My bad, I'd like to call it a "typo", but it's more like a "brain-O", just some bad math, the total is 7.5, 2.8 for panel, 4.2 for 6700 BP, 0.5 for cord, except now I have a 0.4 oz cord, so 7.4 oz total.

Sorry 'bout that! I thought 2.8 + 4.2 = 6, doesn't it????

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Yikes! My bad, I'd like to call it a "typo", but it's more like a "brain-O", just some bad math, the total is 7.5, 2.8 for panel, 4.2 for 6700 BP, 0.5 for cord, except now I have a 0.4 oz cord, so 7.4 oz total.

Sorry 'bout that! I thought 2.8 + 4.2 = 6, doesn't it????
    Makes sense. Still pretty light for a solar + pretty substantial battery bank if efficient use of your power is practiced.

I hiked the AT with a 5000 and barely used it. But I also barely used electronics.

The Lixada solar panel seems to work pretty well. Im using it in really crappy winter solar conditions in NH right now. Working better than expected.

The guy who made the video is doing some testing at the moment to see if using a longer usb cable has any adverse effect on charging. I'm starting to lean towards a long cable as well. Makes life simpler on trail.

Let me know any further advancements in your findings!

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    The guy who made the video is doing some testing at the moment to see if using a longer usb cable has any adverse effect on charging. I'm starting to lean towards a long cable as well. Makes life simpler on trail.
    A longer cord will not make a noticeable difference. The additional resistance of the wire will be insignificant.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Well, that's really light! Maybe you already know this and I should just shut up, but...

you'll be entering a major mountain range in spring, spending significant time at 3000m +. What surprised me when I moved west so many years ago was that June is NOT a summer month in the western mountains. And May, forget-about-it. But you probably already know this.

If you are doing 15-30 mpd in the Whites, you'll be doing 30-60 out here!

Quote Originally Posted by gwschenk View Post
    Well, that's really light! Maybe you already know this and I should just shut up, but...

you'll be entering a major mountain range in spring, spending significant time at 3000m +. What surprised me when I moved west so many years ago was that June is NOT a summer month in the western mountains. And May, forget-about-it. But you probably already know this.

If you are doing 15-30 mpd in the Whites, you'll be doing 30-60 out here!
    Oops. If you looked at my lighterpack right now its been tweaked with some sul gear. My pad for instance and im missing some electronics and stuff.

The original list is more complete and comfortable

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++