WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default I have the itch to buy new gear. Cant really find better than I have...?

I have the itch to better my sleep system. I currently have a Mountain Hardwear Lamina 45* and a Sea to Summit TKII 18* and sleep on a Synmat 7 medium/wide

I was hopping to find something in between the two. the S2S is a bit warm for me and the MH works well in the summer but gets chilly for me around its claimed limit 45*. so maybe a 20-30* bag would do it all?

Maybe the grass isn't greener?? I cant really find anything worth spending the money on that is 20-30* under 2lbs. Ive thought about trying a quilt but I am kind of nervous about it. The new Big Agnes stuff looks really nice; pad sleeve, integrated pillow.. but are more weight.

Just a discussion, what do you think?

What's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    What's your budget?
    Seems like some decent gear would be around $300

There are plenty of lightweight bags that would improve on what you've got listed. As one example, the WM summerlite is around 18-20 ounces and comfortable at 32*. You'd want to buy used though. Lots of other competitive alternatives too.

Images

WM Summerlite ($425 new) or Caribou ($385 new). Figure about 1/2 to 2/3 of new prices for a used one in good condition.

++ New Posts ++