WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Maryland Shuttles

I am organizing a set of day hikes for an adult group in July for the Maryland Section of the AT.

I am open for suggestions of shuttles that could meet (some of?) us at the end point of our day and take us to the starting trailhead.
    Thus we would be hiking to our personal transportation.
    The group or sub groups could total maybe 15 or more individuals so maybe a larger van or similar with two shuttles in the same organization might work.

I can/will look at various commercial businesses but would like your ideas/feedback. I hope to have some idea of costs in the next two weeks.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PGH1NC View Post
    I am organizing a set of day hikes for an adult group in July for the Maryland Section of the AT.

I am open for suggestions of shuttles that could meet (some of?) us at the end point of our day and take us to the starting trailhead.
    Thus we would be hiking to our personal transportation.
    The group or sub groups could total maybe 15 or more individuals so maybe a larger van or similar with two shuttles in the same organization might work.

I can/will look at various commercial businesses but would like your ideas/feedback. I hope to have some idea of costs in the next two weeks.

Thanks.
    Most Appalachian Trail shuttle operators are commercial businesses. Their range of operations and rates vary. For a large group, I am sure that two, or more, shuttle operators can coordinate with each other to transport everyone, as they do referrals to other operators when they are unable, for various reasons, to accommodate hikers themselves. The latest, and most complete shuttle provider listing can be downloaded here:

https://whiteblaze.net/forum/at-shuttles.php

Also, there is the complete shuttle listing, along with a lot of other useful shuttle provider information in attroll's guidebook, a good $10 investment.

Order a copy today and you should have it in plenty of time for your trip.

https://www.whiteblazepages.com/store/whiteblaze-pages-books/

Last edited by atraildreamer; 02-24-2020 at 11:04.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

++ New Posts ++