WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Ruin my Fun

Default Ruin my Fun

How dumb is this? I have this backpack for paddling. I am going 3 nights/4 days. Only 20 miles. Would you consider this a an UL pack option or will I hate it?

Its from WaterShed
    Attached Images Attached Images

For 2.5lbs you could do much better.

You'll sweat where it touches your back, but just for a few hours a day. Use it, it's paid for, and certainly useful enough for the purpose and non heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    You'll sweat where it touches your back, but just for a few hours a day. Use it, it's paid for, and certainly useful enough for the purpose and non heavy.
    Sweat, I did not even think of that! I was thinking about the straps having no padding. I've never carried it loaded more than a few hundred feet. Total weight with food is ~25lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AsoloBootsSuk View Post
    Sweat, I did not even think of that! I was thinking about the straps having no padding. I've never carried it loaded more than a few hundred feet. Total weight with food is ~25lbs.
    You'll carry a lot of the weight on the hip belt. That's probably not padded either... All depends on your budget. Load it up with household stuff, loosen the straps. Tighten the belt first, then the shoulders to not quite snug, then the load lifters. Walk around and decide how much money you have to be more comfortable.

You can also buy strap pads at REI and others to make it more comfortable.
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

You will hate it with a 25 pound load. How do you fit all that into a 40L sack anyway? You'd be better off with a cheap Ozark Trial Walmart pack, which at least has a real suspension. For casual use, they are fine.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    You will hate it with a 25 pound load. How do you fit all that into a 40L sack anyway? You'd be better off with a cheap Ozark Trial Walmart pack, which at least has a real suspension. For casual use, they are fine.
    Thanks all, I'm not interested in another pack. I already have too many, lol. I am just looking at this dry bag pack for a short trip. The idea of one compartment is growing on me. It's also water proof and holds air making it a good pillow. Old Grouse, I will check out those supplemental pads

++ New Posts ++