WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Clayton Georgia

Default Clayton Georgia

Hikers come see what Clayton Georgia has to offer. Not only a TOP RATED outdoor store but the Hotels are offering anywhere from 5% to 15% discount on rooms, downtown offers great affordable restaurants, laundry service, a Dollar General, grocery stores, all within easy walking distance of downtown.You can shower, have a beer and do your laundry at Outdoor 76 while resupplying or fixing footwear/gear issues! Outdoor 76 will even bounce your boxes up the trail to Franklin NC (mile 110) for free. You can even test your skill throwing axes at Wander N. GA up the street.
    Attached Images Attached Images

According to Bill Bryson, the banjo-player from Deliverance still lived in Clayton as of 1998.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

Fun fact: The banjo player from Deliverance couldn't and didn't play the banjo. He was picked for his unique look. Someone who could play the banjo was behind him and it was the other person playing the banjo.

I love Clayton. Stop in almost every time I'm heading to Bryson City. The donut place downtown is great and my favorite breakfast spot is the Rusty Bike Cafe. Get the banana bread french toast - it's awesome!

++ New Posts ++