WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2020 flip flop festival - event cancellation notice

2020 Hikers,

We are sad to say the Flip Flop Festival scheduled for April 25-26, 2020 is cancelled due to public health concerns. Please refer to our website at flipflopfestival.org in the coming weeks/months for news about 2021.

At this time there are no plans to hold an alternative event later in the year, however we are exploring options and will announce any develops as appropriate.

Be safe and stay healthy.

Mayhem (Festival Chair)

And here I was toying with the idea of attending this year

Now the question is, what about Trail Days?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Such a bummer. Was hoping to volunteer this year. Thanks for all you did planning for the build up though!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    And here I was toying with the idea of attending this year

Now the question is, what about Trail Days?
    It should definitely be cancelled.

poor hygiene + large crowd =coronavirus spread^3

I understand the concern but that is 6 weeks away. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry. And there could be "more" problems by delaying a decision. It just stinks that it had to be cancelled.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    I understand the concern but that is 6 weeks away. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry. And there could be "more" problems by delaying a decision. It just stinks that it had to be cancelled.

Current efforts are aimed at "flatting the curve" of infections. You can have a lot of sick people all at once, which is not good, or slow the spread so it takes longer for everyone to catch it. So if those efforts work, in 6 weeks it can still be making the rounds and cause mini flare ups. Trail Days, being 9 weeks away is at lower risk, but we still don't know how this will ultimately pan out.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

It may be in some sort of control but it sure as heck will not be over. Until there is a vaccine, which is optimistically a year out, things still will be risky. The only antiviral out there which may work to treat it is a 5 day IV. Not something someone is going to carry in their pack.

++ New Posts ++