WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Slo... The sky is so blue in your pics, absolutely stunning. Happy someone is able to enjoy the peaks. Myself, I am working three arson case files that will probably never get past the prosecutor. Pretty much par in the fire business.
    Termite fart so much they are responsible for 3% of global methane emissions.

Got called into work then sent home two hours later. . Walked 3.5 miles followed by 50 sit ups, 50 modified push ups, and some planks (I suck at all of it but do it anyway). Cleaned out some shoeboxes full of junk, did the usual housekeeping chores, made chicken stock and chicken noodle soup to go with my turmeric and ginger sourdough bread.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I set up the hammock in my backyard and practiced cold-weather napping. It was an excellent test!

I can tell you what I won't be doing today, I won't be going out except for store or work. Wv is now on lock down, sucks I was gonna take my dog down to the c&o canal today. Seemed like a better choice as a wider path 20' not as confined as the AT path. The AT trailhead parking lots around here have been completely full. Just got real! Does this mean I can't take my dog around block for a walk? I suppose it does anyone know this? Oh he's gonna be mad and confused we never miss our walks.
    Last edited by JNI64; 03-24-2020 at 08:47.

Looks like I'll be shoveling 6" of snow off my driveway today, just in case I need to go somewhere
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

During the last few days of Corona lockdown, I cut and chopped all the firewood that had collected over the years.

Now that the barn is full of firewood, and as I took the opportunity and time to cut several dead trees (3x Ash and 1x Larch) on my proprty I'm in need of a decent wood rack now, of which I've made a nice CAD design yesterday evening and am going to build in real right now.

Plan for the day - yard work (it is spring time here), take a walk with my wife, Sudoku and make tacos for dinner.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Looks like I'll be shoveling 6" of snow off my driveway today, just in case I need to go somewhere
    I've decided to let mine melt, even if it takes a week. Shoveling season is officially ended for me!

What did you do today?

Same thing I do every day, Pinky.....try to take over the Trail !!!!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    I can tell you what I won't be doing today, I won't be going out except for store or work. Wv is now on lock down, sucks I was gonna take my dog down to the c&o canal today. Seemed like a better choice as a wider path 20' not as confined as the AT path. The AT trailhead parking lots around here have been completely full. Just got real! Does this mean I can't take my dog around block for a walk? I suppose it does anyone know this? Oh he's gonna be mad and confused we never miss our walks.
    I would think that walking a dog is OK - even NY allowed solo exercise and said nothing about animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    And even if not it still counts as exercise for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGr View Post
    I would think that walking a dog is OK - even NY allowed solo exercise and said nothing about animals.

And even if not it still counts as exercise for the day.
    I agree dog walking alone is ok. Have bin doing 8 miles a day with Mr Pickle.

Talked to my nurse for about an hour, on the phone, found out the mass in my left lung is NOT cancer, hung up the phone grabbed backpack went for a short 4 mile hike.

Worked on breaking in some new trail runners early this morning walking the seawall. The normal crowd of joggers is gone, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    Talked to my nurse for about an hour, on the phone, found out the mass in my left lung is NOT cancer, hung up the phone grabbed backpack went for a short 4 mile hike.
    Congrats!!

Definitely a great reason to go for hike!

I hiked 11 miles to try to help keep my trail legs. Iwas on an AT thru hike at Erwin and got off trail Thursday. Since I quit my job to do this hike, I am hoping I can get back on the trail in a couple months.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    Great news!

Rode my bike around the neighborhood, worked on a sewing project, did the normal household chores, played my fiddle.
    Last edited by Traffic Jam; 04-01-2020 at 20:29.

I flew the RV-4 from Bishop to Edinburg about 100 miles, took me 30 minutes. Had a little bit of a tail wind and a ground speed of 215 mph.
    Had another RV owner help my change brake pads.

Garlic
    Images

I cycled 25 miles from the place I'm staying the winter to a Florida Trail trailhead and found out the FT is closed. Someone I met cycling told me a section of the FT is paved and can make a nice 60 mile loop with some county roads. I had to get creative and explore off my map to get in my 60 road miles. I saw a lot of swallow-tailed kites, pelicans, and some livestock.

I had been cycling about 100 miles a week this winter, now it's over 200 with little else to do. We're doing a favor, watching a house and dogs for friends on a cruise. Cruise got cancelled in Australia, friends are hunkered down in Perth and we don't know when we'll be able to get back to Colorado. I'm missing the high country and trails, but a mansion on a central Florida lake ain't too bad.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++