WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Leonidas

If this clears in time: Damascus to Pearisburg, late-May early-June. Oauchita Trail in November.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

1000+ miles down, 1000+ miles to go

Doing a section of the SHT.
    "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
    But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute--and it's longer than any hour.
    That's relativity." --Albert Einstein--

I’d like to finish AT from Rutland to Katadin,but that’ll be a tall order if it doesn’t clear up in time.

Back to the Superior Trail. Last year did 270 overlook to Grand Marais and would like to continue where I left off and try to complete the trail this year.

I would love to finish the AT (Conneticut to Katahdin) this year - but it isn't looking likely. I don't know when the US/Canadian border will reopen - and the travel advisories will lift.

I have a flight booked to Europe on Sept 17th... that is also probably not going to happen.

My first trail will be somewhere within Canada, I've been watching to see when the parks may re-open. I'm not picky - I want to take my tent and hike anywhere at this point!
    Follow My Hiking Adventures: http://www.youtube.com/SaraDhooma
    Or if you just like photos: http://instagram.com/scifi_sara

Images

Looks like I'll do section 10 of the MST 77 miles +/- in the next few days, as a shakedown of some new/different gear and systems. The MST is literally in my back yard. Looks like the Gov is going to open the State Parks effective Saturday 5/9. Even if the Parks are still closed, the State Park service, carved out the MST through this area as unrestricted.
    Then off to Springer in June.
    ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Heading for the SHT.

Damn.....forgot I already posted to this one.

Colorado Trail if this all lifts in time.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Average Hiker View Post
    Colorado Trail if this all lifts in time.
    It's all about a few Colorado counties lifting their "stay out" orders, there are 3-4 of them that the trail passes through. Chaffee County (Salida), Gunnison County (Gunnison) and San Juan Counties (Silverton), plus maybe one other all have stay-out orders in place, though I have heard at least one of these (Chaffee) is relaxing this on June 1st.

The start (Waterton Canyon) is also closed, but there are two other alternative starts that are open, one of which (Roxborough park) is a much better start anyway. I plan on hiking the Colorado CDT this summer, 300 miles of which are along the CT, so I'm keeping close tabs, and I'll report in on the CT forum if I hear anything. There is, of course, a Facebook page on the CT, with a lot of weird and questionable info being passed around, but there are some reliable posts there as well, in particular from Bill Manning, who is involved with the CT foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    I would love to finish the AT (Conneticut to Katahdin) this year - but it isn't looking likely. I don't know when the US/Canadian border will reopen - and the travel advisories will lift.
    I have a flight booked to Europe on Sept 17th... that is also probably not going to happen.

My first trail will be somewhere within Canada, I've been watching to see when the parks may re-open. I'm not picky - I want to take my tent and hike anywhere at this point!
    Same with me... a quick Killarney trip as soon as they allow backcountry sounds pretty good about now

I think I am going to hike the GA section as soon as everything opens up - hopefully it will not be too hot and buggy!

Going to the Smokies this weekend. The backcountry permit system is up and running this morning.

Default What's the first trail you will take on when this is all over?

I did a chunk of the Chattooga River Trail in Georgia this weekend. I started to do part of the Bartram but parking was slammed and overflowing! I guess that's what happens when all the other trails are closed!

My last section of the AT, from Stratton to Katahdin. I've pushed it back to August 30th to start.

I'm thinking 105 miles on the Kungsleden from Kvikkjokk to Abisko. That's in northwest Sweden, ending 125 miles north of the artic circle. Will probably add the popular side trip to climb Kebnakaise, Sweden's tallest mountain. The Kungsleden is one of Europe's most popular trails, but not do well known in the US.

First task is helping re-start trail maintenance on the AT in Central Virginia.

After that, I'm still hoping to finish AT sections between High Point, NJ and Killington, VT. I've finished everything south of High Point.

I had been planning the AT in the White Mountains and Maine this summer, but the logistics in those areas seem difficult as a solo section hiker this year, with more reliance on local services than I'm comfortable with. I can probably use family for any support I'll need further south.

Good ol’ AT section hiking. Maybe a skouwch of ultrarunning anywhere I can

I left the AZT two weeks in due to Covid. My hope is to hike the Colorado Trail in August, and then jump back on the AZT SOBO. Fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mockernut View Post
    I did a chunk of the Chattooga River Trail in Georgia this weekend. I started to do part of the Bartram but parking was slammed and overflowing! I guess that's what happens when all the other trails are closed!
    I've been doing sections of the Bartram myself during this. I haven't seen any really packed parking. Which trailhead did you see it packed? That said, I've largely avoided some areas due to people.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++