WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default WTB Osprey Levity 45 Large

Looking to try a UL type pack.

I may have one for you, but I won't be able to ship for a few months due to Covid-19. Gossamer Gear Gorilla, nearly new. Large torso, Medium belt.

There was someone on BPL selling a Levity in large many months ago, but I'd advise against a Levity personally.

I measured using the guid on Osprey website. Turns out I am a medium! Weird.

Anyhow I am now looking for a medium.

Why do you advise against it Ant?

Quote Originally Posted by OhioHiker View Post
    I measured using the guid on Osprey website. Turns out I am a medium! Weird.

Anyhow I am now looking for a medium.

Why do you advise against it Ant?
    Osprey's tend to be hard to fit, at least the Exos and Levity line. If you fall at all near in-between sizes, and sometimes regardless, one will be too big and the other torso size too small.

Anyway, I'd advise against the Levity for the expense and durability. It wasn't a popular pack due to that and a lot of the ones you see on the used market are Osprey replacements that the owner had decided to use another pack on. I think there are better packs, the same weight or lighter for less or equivalent money. For instance, I find the Gossamer Gear Gorilla to be superior in all ways. Nearly the same weight, but hip belt pockets. More durable, more comfortable to wear. Removable 'lid' (depends on the year I guess). Better resale value. You can also pick your belt size with a Gorilla. Just my thoughts. Best of luck in your search.

I have an Osprey Levity 60 (1.8 lbs) with only 10 miles hiking. In the original bag and box shipped from Osprey factory. Original price $270. Selling it for $240.

++ New Posts ++