Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cancellations?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-13-2007
    Location
    Folsom, Louisiana
    Age
    65
    Posts
    23

    Default Cancellations?

    I had my JMT permit cancelled! It was for 9/9 from Bishop/ Southlake. Has anyone else had this happen? Apparently it was due to CV

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,189

    Default

    Ugggg...not good. We’re still waiting on our September HST/JMT nobo permits...surprised cancelled that far out...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Registered User colorado_rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-20-2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,385
    Images
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Ugggg...not good. We’re still waiting on our September HST/JMT nobo permits...surprised cancelled that far out...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife and I are not QUITE giving up on Sierra hiking this late-summer, but it sure seems flaky right now.

    We're seriously considering doing a long hike in Wyoming in late August/early September, specifically the Wind River High Route, or some variation thereof.... lots of reliable sources say it rivals or perhaps even beats the beauty of the Sierra High Route.

    Just sayin'.... I believe no permits required in WY, but I haven't checked yet.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    My wife and I are not QUITE giving up on Sierra hiking this late-summer, but it sure seems flaky right now.

    We're seriously considering doing a long hike in Wyoming in late August/early September, specifically the Wind River High Route, or some variation thereof.... lots of reliable sources say it rivals or perhaps even beats the beauty of the Sierra High Route.

    Just sayin'.... I believe no permits required in WY, but I haven't checked yet.
    Good idea! My cousin really wants to do JMT but I’d rather do WRHR! Looks like nobo permits still viable as of now. Really wanted to do the “coffee route” HST, JMT nobo but will definitely keep options open! Flights booked into Fresno but can change at no cost....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Is it raining yet?
    Join Date
    07-15-2004
    Location
    Kensington, MD
    Age
    44
    Posts
    949
    Images
    62

    Default

    Glacier NP has cancelled all backcountry permits for 2020 and will not issue any more for this season. I would expect similar policy statements from the other parks.
    Be Prepared

  6. #6

    Default

    A friend and me have a permit Bishop to Mt Whitney for July 12, 2020. no cancellazioni notice yet. Is it due to CV expected spikes??.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-13-2007
    Location
    Folsom, Louisiana
    Age
    65
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Just got off the phone with Inyo permit office. According to the ranger I spoke to, only permits to May 31 have been cancelled. She was able to confirm that my reservation was still valid. I guess mine was an error.
    . Thanks to all who replied. I'll keep an eye on this, and I'll let you all know if I hear anything else.

    Let the training begin!

  8. #8
    Registered User lonehiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-18-2005
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    My wife and I are not QUITE giving up on Sierra hiking this late-summer, but it sure seems flaky right now.

    We're seriously considering doing a long hike in Wyoming in late August/early September, specifically the Wind River High Route, or some variation thereof.... lots of reliable sources say it rivals or perhaps even beats the beauty of the Sierra High Route.

    Just sayin'.... I believe no permits required in WY, but I haven't checked yet.
    None required that I am aware of. I didn't need one on my trip through there but it has been a few years ago. If my LASH on the Arizona trail falls through this fall I might be continuing my section hike of the CDT. Perhaps Steamboat south or South Pass north.
    Lonehiker

  9. #9
    Registered User Venchka's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-20-2013
    Location
    Upper East Side of Texas
    Age
    74
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    I prowled around the National Forests in the Greater Yellowstone Area yesterday.
    At the moment: Drive In campgrounds, picnic areas, restrooms, etc. are closed. Parking lots and trailheads are open. Call and verify.
    The roads in the southeast quadrant of Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP will open May 31. No accommodations are opening then. Fill your vehicle in Cody or Jackson Wyoming.
    Once again the National Forest folks are thinking straight.
    Wayne

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I had my JMT permit cancelled! It was for 9/9 from Bishop/ Southlake. Has anyone else had this happen? Apparently it was due to CV
    Which way you headed? We’re starting 9/6 on hst plan to summit W on 9/10 then nobo JMT.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •