WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Cancellations?

Default Cancellations?

I had my JMT permit cancelled! It was for 9/9 from Bishop/ Southlake. Has anyone else had this happen? Apparently it was due to CV

Ugggg...not good. We’re still waiting on our September HST/JMT nobo permits...surprised cancelled that far out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Ugggg...not good. We’re still waiting on our September HST/JMT nobo permits...surprised cancelled that far out...

My wife and I are not QUITE giving up on Sierra hiking this late-summer, but it sure seems flaky right now.

We're seriously considering doing a long hike in Wyoming in late August/early September, specifically the Wind River High Route, or some variation thereof.... lots of reliable sources say it rivals or perhaps even beats the beauty of the Sierra High Route.

Just sayin'.... I believe no permits required in WY, but I haven't checked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    My wife and I are not QUITE giving up on Sierra hiking this late-summer, but it sure seems flaky right now.

We're seriously considering doing a long hike in Wyoming in late August/early September, specifically the Wind River High Route, or some variation thereof.... lots of reliable sources say it rivals or perhaps even beats the beauty of the Sierra High Route.

Good idea! My cousin really wants to do JMT but I’d rather do WRHR! Looks like nobo permits still viable as of now. Really wanted to do the “coffee route” HST, JMT nobo but will definitely keep options open! Flights booked into Fresno but can change at no cost....

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Glacier NP has cancelled all backcountry permits for 2020 and will not issue any more for this season. I would expect similar policy statements from the other parks.
    Be Prepared

A friend and me have a permit Bishop to Mt Whitney for July 12, 2020. no cancellazioni notice yet. Is it due to CV expected spikes??.

Just got off the phone with Inyo permit office. According to the ranger I spoke to, only permits to May 31 have been cancelled. She was able to confirm that my reservation was still valid. I guess mine was an error.
    . Thanks to all who replied. I'll keep an eye on this, and I'll let you all know if I hear anything else.

Let the training begin!

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post

None required that I am aware of. I didn't need one on my trip through there but it has been a few years ago. If my LASH on the Arizona trail falls through this fall I might be continuing my section hike of the CDT. Perhaps Steamboat south or South Pass north.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

I prowled around the National Forests in the Greater Yellowstone Area yesterday.
    At the moment: Drive In campgrounds, picnic areas, restrooms, etc. are closed. Parking lots and trailheads are open. Call and verify.
    The roads in the southeast quadrant of Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP will open May 31. No accommodations are opening then. Fill your vehicle in Cody or Jackson Wyoming.
    Once again the National Forest folks are thinking straight.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I had my JMT permit cancelled! It was for 9/9 from Bishop/ Southlake. Has anyone else had this happen? Apparently it was due to CV
    Which way you headed? We’re starting 9/6 on hst plan to summit W on 9/10 then nobo JMT.

++ New Posts ++