WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Murder suspect, last seen in East Stroudsburg...

There was a double murder, assault, and kidnapping in Connecticut a few days ago. The suspect's name is Peter Manfredonia. The case has received nation wide coverage. Mr. Manfredonia was last (security camera) in East Stroudsburg, walking on railroad tracks just behind some businesses, including the Walmart located there. This is within spitting distance, if you're good, of Delaware Water Gap, and the trail. I don't wish to seem alarmist, but the AT has on more than one occasion been a haven for those on the run from a manhunt, so I think caution is warranted. He is apparently heavily armed, with guns that he stole from the home of one of his victims. I looked elsewhere in the forums, and didn't see mention of this. If it's already being covered, please let me know and I'll delete this thread.

I am a section hiker, just did the stretch from Great Barrington to DWG last fall, looking forward to getting back on there and heading south in a few weeks.
    Thank you.

This news story, from today, indicates that he stole a car in East Stroudsburg and left the area. https://www.courant.com/breaking-new...u5a-story.html
    Last edited by peternunes; 05-27-2020 at 16:22.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

I was wondering when or if his proximity the AT when in the DWG area would would get the attention of hikers on this site,. The whole thing is quite scary , especially with the recent (last year) tragedy of having a criminally mentally deranged backpacker on the AT. I hope that this situation goes better than that one. Be wise out there.
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Images

I hope that this situation goes better than that one

i think this one is going worse-----two people dead versus the one...........and the first one, the guy was caught fairly quick....

this dude is still on the run and could cause more damage....

unless you mean the whole mental issue and how it works it's way through the courts going that route...

Is it raining yet?
    Images

And he was in the woods....
    Be Prepared

++ New Posts ++