WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone having issues with guthooks app account?

I can’t sign into my account even after changing password. Emailed them for help last week but no response. In the past they have been quick to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised Guthook hasn't responded to your email. I have contacted them a couple of times and they were always quick to respond. Have you tried to contact them through their Facebook page?
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    I'm surprised Guthook hasn't responded to your email. I have contacted them a couple of times and they were always quick to respond. Have you tried to contact them through their Facebook page?
    Unfortunately I’m not on FB. Yea in the past they’ve been very prompt to reply

Checked with my problems. Lots of people are having the same problem. Guthooks has lost their purchase history and the restore purchases tool doesn’t fix it.

I expect that they will roll out a fix shortly.

https://www.facebook.com/guthookguides/

for a link to look for updates when they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethesis View Post
    Checked with my problems. Lots of people are having the same problem. Guthooks has lost their purchase history and the restore purchases tool doesn’t fix it.

I expect that they will roll out a fix shortly.
    Thx appreciate the info!

1000+ miles down, 1000+ miles to go

I just love serendipity.

I was going to purchase the Guthooks Ap.....TODAY...as a part of my AT 2021 prep.
    But then I decided to take a stroll through White Blaze first.

Methinks I'll wait a bit...on the purchase, not the prep.
    "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
    But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute--and it's longer than any hour.
    That's relativity." --Albert Einstein--

Images

They have a sale on small business Saturday right after thanksgiving. Like 1/3 off
    My name is Tabasco and I approve this message.

I love the Apps! I’m bummed they don’t make one for the HST...have used for JMT, TRT,CT and collegiate loop as well as several AT and FT sections. This is first issue I’ve had with no prompt CS response.....hope it’s resolved soon!

1000+ miles down, 1000+ miles to go

Thank you....I have it marked in my day planner.
    "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
    But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute--and it's longer than any hour.
    That's relativity." --Albert Einstein--

Curious why, during the height of the thru hiking season, why an app maker is unable to restore product use for people who have purchased it but cannot use it. A decent reputation is easily vaporized with this level of service.

I didn’t realize there was an issue and bought two sections on 5/29. So I looked through my past purchases to make sure I haven’t paid for sections more than once. it’s easy to look up past purchases on the iPhone.

(when I bought the sections last week, a “Restore Past Purchases” button flashed on my screen so I pushed it. I have all my maps so guess it worked.)
    Last edited by Traffic Jam; 06-02-2020 at 07:30.

Saltysack, we still answer all emails we receive, so send me a PM on here with your email address and I'll see if I can find what happened to your email. I can also help you through PMs here... for anyone else, though, please stick with email or Facebook, since that allows us to be more organized with our incoming communications :-)

As for the purchase issues you all are having, here's the short story, and I'll put the longer one after:

We recently changed how purchase info is stored, but one issue that has come of it is that purchases made in our older, single-trail apps couldn't be carried over automatically. We're still honoring those, but you'll have to get in contact with us-- again, that's [email protected]

The longer explanation: About a third of all tech support we deal with is transferring purchases between iPhone and Android for people who switched phones. The process to transfer those purchases between devices was tedious for both us and the customer. To deal with that, we changed how purchases are stored in the apps so that they can be carried over on your account in the app from device to device. The biggest issue that we know about in that case is that, as far as the App Store is concerned, our older single-trail apps have absolutely no relation with our current, all-in-one app. So the current app can't automatically read purchase info from the old apps. We got around this in the past through some iCloud settings, but those aren't available to us anymore, so we're working with what we've got. You can contact us at [email protected] or on our Facebook page, and we'll get you back up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by guthook View Post
    Saltysack, we still answer all emails we receive, so send me a PM on here with your email address and I'll see if I can find what happened to your email. I can also help you through PMs here... for anyone else, though, please stick with email or Facebook, since that allows us to be more organized with our incoming communications :-)

As for the purchase issues you all are having, here's the short story, and I'll put the longer one after:

We recently changed how purchase info is stored, but one issue that has come of it is that purchases made in our older, single-trail apps couldn't be carried over automatically. We're still honoring those, but you'll have to get in contact with us-- again, that's [email protected]

The longer explanation: About a third of all tech support we deal with is transferring purchases between iPhone and Android for people who switched phones. The process to transfer those purchases between devices was tedious for both us and the customer. To deal with that, we changed how purchases are stored in the apps so that they can be carried over on your account in the app from device to device. The biggest issue that we know about in that case is that, as far as the App Store is concerned, our older single-trail apps have absolutely no relation with our current, all-in-one app. So the current app can't automatically read purchase info from the old apps. We got around this in the past through some iCloud settings, but those aren't available to us anymore, so we're working with what we've got. You can contact us at [email protected] or on our Facebook page, and we'll get you back up and running.
    Thx!!! It was all on ME or my Gmail acct specifically. GH did respond very promptly as always have but it didn’t show up in my spam box till today but was dated several days ago when I emailed support! I still need to get my password issue fixed but in the meantime I screen shotted my past app purchases to verify. It was fairly easy to locate all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Curious why, during the height of the thru hiking season, why an app maker is unable to restore product use for people who have purchased it but cannot use it. A decent reputation is easily vaporized with this level of service.
    you really should just stop - its pretty clear at this point just how far off base you are...

Well. I’ve always had it on iPhone. So.

when nothing else worked, I deleted the app and reinstalled.

everything resolved.

while I had to download the pictures and topo maps again, logging back in still had the trail tracking on so those parts of the trail where it was active still showed up. I haven’t used it on the entire trail, but enough for the locations I wanted to narrow in on for September.

all is good now.

it was just kind of a surprise from a few months back when I’d added the PCT maps to the AT.

Too bad the other solutions didn’t work but I’ve got unlimited data.

Issues resolved....thx Guthook!

The explanation makes sense.
    Last edited by Traveler; 06-03-2020 at 07:23.

Thumbs up Buying individual AT Sections on Guthook

So, does this mean I can no longer purchase single sections of the AT on Guthook, only the whole trail?

EDITED TO ADD: They don't highlight it in the iPhone App Store, but did have links to buy individual sections once you sign in to your Guthook account.
    Last edited by Patrickjd9; 06-27-2020 at 11:21. Reason: Problem Resolved

++ New Posts ++