Is it just me becoming bitter? The surge of tourists hitting the parks and trails is starting to become overwhelming. Can't find a quite trailhead in NC much anymore. I have taken up FSR hiking to keep away from the crowds.

I thought joining a couple new hiking forums and FB pages would be interesting but its nothing but tourist hikers demanding information on trails and parks. Criteria like waterfalls and of all the places within an hours drive from the coast. Mountain trails that their 5yo can walk.

I am just in awe on how people can't google and research state parks and trails. They have to be told where to go. And they are not even buying or carrying maps. Buy a Nat Geo map and find all the different trails in an area. In addition, you will need it when you are out and about.

And there has been a surge in rescues of people who get lost, not knowledgeable of the trail, or don't bring adequate gear. There have been several rescues in my area because people didn't look at the weather and decided to return after a good rainfall to find out they are trapped by a raging stream.