WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle drivers near Port clinton

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shuttle driver near Port clinton pa? I used a lady last time but can't find her name.

Yes, I hiked around there in both directions this past February and used William (Rainbow Alpaca). His number is 484-560-7813.

He is younger with a full time job so you will have to work around his schedule on a weekday. I used his services twice, both on weekdays. I met him early (7:30 am) at the ending trailhead and had him take me to the starting trailhead. He headed to work after he dropped me off. I imagine if I asked for a later shuttle then he would not have been able to take me. He will tell you the rate upfront. He was prompt and his rates were very reasonable and I highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterPee View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a shuttle driver near Port clinton pa? I used a lady last time but can't find her name.
    Go to the WhiteBlaze home page and download the latest updated shuttle listings. Your area of interest is covered in the listing.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Shuttle list below
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

I used Carlin's AT Shuttle Service (on the WhiteBlaze list posted above) a couple times around Port Clinton. Joyce Carlin runs it, but a family operation.
    Friendly great service and reasonable rates.
    ----------
    I've had amazing success using that shuttle list. Lots of great folks, mainly fellow hikers.
    Shuttle drivers have also offered to act as local contacts if I got jammed up in some way, or needed help. You never know, right? Injuries or other unexpected stuff happens in the backcountry--nice to have a local resource/contact who knows you're out there and will pick up the phone.

++ New Posts ++