WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default A good conversation gone bad...

and perhaps deleted about pot on the trail, and in general. Apparently since politics (and the threat of big brother) were brought into it, it's a topic for another day. Or campfire, oh well...

Images

yeah, I believe you are right...what was up with that?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DawnTreader
    yeah, I believe you are right...what was up with that?
    From time to time we treat our exchanges on WB as "coffeehouse conversations" where, in the excitement and flush of free speech, almost anything goes. In truth we don't know who is online at any given time; Children, Mrs. Grundy, etc. The moderators of this site try to do a good job of retaining perspective when the rest of us are rushing into the fray. I'm grateful for their work and wouldn't want the job!

Generally, when the next day dawns anew, I can see the wisdom in their decisions. And, as Sly says, we can save it for a good campfire topic.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

yeah, let's discuss over a smoke someday...

Quote Originally Posted by the goat
    yeah, let's discuss over a smoke someday...
    Yeah Goat we need to talk! See you at Trail Days. Bring Skidsteer and Fitz along...

Images

Thumbs up That's what PRIVATE Messaging is for

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer
    From time to time we treat our exchanges on WB as "coffeehouse conversations" where, in the excitement and flush of free speech, almost anything goes. In truth we don't know who is online at any given time; Children, Mrs. Grundy, etc. The moderators of this site try to do a good job of retaining perspective when the rest of us are rushing into the fray. I'm grateful for their work and wouldn't want the job!

Generally, when the next day dawns anew, I can see the wisdom in their decisions. And, as Sly says, we can save it for a good campfire topic.
    VERY well said, Skidsteer. All of it.

Much of what is posted on WhiteBlaze publicly belongs in private messages, not in the public eye at all. I give a lot of credit to the tough, but good job the moderators are able to do! I'd be happy if they moved more private conversation topics off WhiteBlaze's public boards.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Yeah Goat we need to talk! See you at Trail Days. Bring Skidsteer and Fitz along...
    that's a plan dude!

Censorship is for small and weak minds. Which is why this site SUCKS since Sgt. Rock left for Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer
    Generally, when the next day dawns anew, I can see the wisdom in their decisions.
    Typical response of the spiritually and politically defeated.

"Generally, when the next day dawns anew, I can see the wisdom in Chairman Mao's decision."

Well, this isn't the government restricting your free speech, so it's not censorship. It's a moderated site owned and run by individuals for a specific purpose - which doesn't include, well, anything they don't want it to include.

It's not defeated - it's a realization that the cost of this site (a bit of social decorum) is worth the benefits. If you think there's a better AT site out there, by all means share the url.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gear Coach
    Censorship is for small and weak minds. Which is why this site SUCKS since Sgt. Rock left for Iraq.
    Well you know the way out and don't let the door hit out in the butt. SGT Rock has nothing to do with it. In fact we have been in close contact with him every other day and have been informing him what has been going on. He has agreed with everything we have done. Not that we needs his approval to do anything but we have been keeping him informed.

So what does SGT Rock have to do with the site going down hill anyways. The site is designed to talk about the Appalachian Trail not about smoking pot and finding out where you can score your next nickel bag. He has deleted posts in the past dealing with the same content and nothing was said and no one cried about it. Just because it has happened now that he is gone everyone thinks he would not do that. Well your wrong as I said he has done it in the past. Nothing has changed just one admin has taken a leave of absence.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Which is why this site SUCKS since Sgt. Rock left for Iraq.
    Could you be any more ungrateful towards all the people who volunteer their time and energy to keep this site up and running?

Interesting how all five of your posts are on topics that have nothing whatsoever to do with hiking the AT.

BTW, my "daddy" knows exactly what I'm doing I told him myself.

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

All of you are doing a great job with this site. I have and continued to learn a lot here. Keep up the good work.

Images

If you choose to personally insult either Sgt. Rock or Attroll on this site your will find absolutely no support. You may as well start looking for another outlet for your wise ass remarks.

Images

That's alot to say for someone with only 5 posts.
    If you think "this site SUCKS" go find another site.

Panzer

Savoring Happy!

Unhappy What no middle finger icon?????

Gear Coach, This site is called White Blaze not Whites Blazing. Try www.hightimes.com . It sounds more geared towards your interest and intellect. This site is about hiking the AT and not BLAZING the trail. Troll and our admins do a PHENOMINAL job keeping it organized and filtered from off topic detrimental post. You'll find nothing but support for them here.

Censorship is for small and weak minds.
    So is whining and complaining!!!

Those with great and strong minds start their own sites where they can make their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by dixicritter
    BTW, my "daddy" knows exactly what I'm doing I told him myself.
    You mean that SGT Rock isn't fighting in Iraq to ensure that Gear Coach has the "freedom" to disrespect you Dixiecritter?

Gear Coach, with freedom comes responsibility. Use it wisely - or lose it.

Thumbs up Praise for our administrators

I am as guilty as anyone for bringing up non AT barbs, needles, political sides, etc. on this site and quite frankly we sometimes we need a strong hand at the tiller to bring us back to the trail. Every time our Vice President shoots someone, things go bad in Iraq, the topic drifts to evil things some of us enjoy, alot of us, me included love to jump in with both feet. The site is about the trail and hiking in general and Attroll, Rock and Dixicritter let us go much father than they should sometimes and often it is good fun. There is a line and when we cross it they fix it quietly and without hurting anyone. I once was active on a web site where any time you didn't agree with the administrator you were thrown off. This is a great and very tolerant forum and I hope it never changes.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]Don't fret the petty things, &
    Don't pet the sweaty things[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][I][/I]
    (I'm moxie00 on my apple-moxie on my PC)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++