WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Big Agnes Cooper Spur HV UL2 or Tiger Wall UL2

Do you have first-hand experience using either tent? Likes? Dislikes? What year was your tent? I'm mostly interested in how waterproof are the floors of these tents.

Thanks

Images

Yes, I own and use both tents. I carry the CS in colder weather, the Tiger wall in warmer weather. The TW is of course significantly lighter. There is very little difference in room in either tent. I would simply carry a small piece of polycryo to put under either tent to help keep the floor drier, though I've never had any problem with "seep through" with either. Pics of both attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images

I also have both tents. A CS UL3(used when my wife hikes with me) and a Tiger Wall UL2. What Rob says is spot on for those tents. I also have footprints for both and I have survived and stayed dry in some very heavy rains. I think you can’t go wrong with either choice.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rx View Post
    I also have both tents. A CS UL3(used when my wife hikes with me) and a Tiger Wall UL2. What Rob says is spot on for those tents. I also have footprints for both and I have survived and stayed dry in some very heavy rains. I think you can’t go wrong with either choice.
    Have you set up the tent in some heavy rain and is it possible to set up in those conditions without getting the inside totally wet?

Images

I have set it up in rain. You will get some water inside so be prepared to dry it up. The amount is minimal so it dries easily. Supposedly you can set up the fly first then the tent but I never attempted it.

tarp goes up first.

build tents, set up camp n store gear under the tarp if its raining.... 100% dry!

++ New Posts ++