WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Uintas hiking

Default Uintas hiking

Anyone know of a good book that gives an overview of the area? I'm moving into the Uinta basin and I wanted something to read so I can learn about the hiking (and not end up with some crap book)

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

nope dont know of a good book

but i love the area around the High Line Trail. excellent peaks and views..
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by taildragger View Post
    Anyone know of a good book that gives an overview of the area? I'm moving into the Uinta basin and I wanted something to read so I can learn about the hiking (and not end up with some crap book)
    Can't recommend exactly what you're looking for, but, this week I started the book "Down The Great Unknown", by Edward Dolnick. It is about John Wesley Powell's adventure in 1869 down the Green River to the Colorado River and Grand Canyon. The Uinta is a tributary of the Green. You might find it fun and interesting. If you like adventure reading it is a good book.

Happy hiking.

What part of the Uintas are you looking into hiking? The range itself is huge. I was born and raised in Utah and spent a lot of my younger years hiking and scouting all over the Uintah moutain range. IMO the south slope of the Uintahs is the most beautiful and spectacular to hike around and camp. The Ashely White rocks area is incredible especially around Paradise Park Lake.

++ New Posts ++