Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default Any use it try the terraultra g260 by inov8?

    Looking again for an alternative to altra timps. Donít care for the updated 2.0 and in general a $150 shoe that last me under 200 miles isnít cost effective at almost $1 per mile! Iíve read positive reviews at other sites just curious if any here have first hand knowledge with the terraultra by innov8. They seem to be out of stock in size 13 everywhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Looking again for an alternative to altra timps. Donít care for the updated 2.0 and in general a $150 shoe that last me under 200 miles isnít cost effective at almost $1 per mile! Iíve read positive reviews at other sites just curious if any here have first hand knowledge with the terraultra by innov8. They seem to be out of stock in size 13 everywhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excuse the typos...havenít had my coffee....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Leonidas
    Join Date
    04-26-2016
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    996

    Default

    I tried the RocLite 275, I wasn't a fan. Put 50 miles on them and they are now living in a box in my basement. They are the Graphene soled ones and while the grip was really nice, they were uncomfortable on a 30 mile day. I ended up pre-ordering a pair of the Olympus 4.0 to see if the grip is comparable to the Kings but with the extra cushion to push 30-50 mpd.
    AT: 471 mi

    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'

    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/user/tehJC13

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Disregard...this model being changed. New one due out in week or so. Hoping for a more durable ďAltraĒ........


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Leonidas
    Join Date
    04-26-2016
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    996

    Default

    My Altra Olympus 4.0s showed up yesterday... They are a thing of beauty, unfortunately, no trips planned until November.
    AT: 471 mi

    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'

    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/user/tehJC13

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-19-2008
    Location
    Thurmont, MD
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Rocklite 325 by Inov8. My 3rd pair. Wore Altras but seem to have short life (I hike a lot). Wicked griping sole on the Inov8s. And I don’t like any Gortex shoe, water gets inside & stays till you remove the shoe & bail out the water. I found my current Inov8s while searching online, got a great price.

    Oh, and def go up 1.5 times in size.
    .com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustmd View Post
    Rocklite 325 by Inov8. My 3rd pair. Wore Altras but seem to have short life (I hike a lot). Wicked griping sole on the Inov8s. And I donít like any Gortex shoe, water gets inside & stays till you remove the shoe & bail out the water. I found my current Inov8s while searching online, got a great price.

    Oh, and def go up 1.5 times in size.
    .com
    My grip w Altras also.... mine are shot with just 130 miles of CT and 30 miles on art loeb. Actually just submitted warranty...will see...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    My Altra Olympus 4.0s showed up yesterday... They are a thing of beauty, unfortunately, no trips planned until November.
    Have heard the temp 2 are narrower in toe box...thatís reason I loved the 1 and 1.5ís, if Altra will warranty them Iíll try out the Olympus...thatís a lot of cushion! If not Iím try inov8....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Leonidas
    Join Date
    04-26-2016
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Have heard the temp 2 are narrower in toe box...thatís reason I loved the 1 and 1.5ís, if Altra will warranty them Iíll try out the Olympus...thatís a lot of cushion! If not Iím try inov8....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I heard at Mountain Crossings is that they actually switched to a higher volume insole on the Timp 2. That is why it feels narrower. One of the guys there got a size 15 stuck on his foot because of that. Its only 4mm more than the Timp, they don't have the 36mm stack on the Olympus anymore.
    AT: 471 mi

    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'

    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/user/tehJC13

  10. #10

    Default

    I have worn plenty of Inov-8's they are a nice shoe.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    What I heard at Mountain Crossings is that they actually switched to a higher volume insole on the Timp 2. That is why it feels narrower. One of the guys there got a size 15 stuck on his foot because of that. Its only 4mm more than the Timp, they don't have the 36mm stack on the Olympus anymore.
    Had this issue on the new model lone peaks few years back, had to use the low volume super feet carbon to make work ended up switching to original timp. New Olympus look good except for the hideous red ones that Rei carries! They always pick the worst color available!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kristianultra View Post
    I have worn plenty of Inov-8's they are a nice shoe.
    Being across the pond they seem much more popular. Hence where they are designed. Unfortunately Iíve never been anywhere that stocks them. I have hard time without trying on first.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    My Altra Olympus 4.0s showed up yesterday... They are a thing of beauty, unfortunately, no trips planned until November.
    That $170 price is hard to swallow knowing they will die fast but If Altra does warranty my temp 1.5 I will definitely try to pay difference and try Olympus 4. How is the toe box volume?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Leonidas
    Join Date
    04-26-2016
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    That $170 price is hard to swallow knowing they will die fast but If Altra does warranty my temp 1.5 I will definitely try to pay difference and try Olympus 4. How is the toe box volume?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Internal volume feels the same as my original Timps. The shape is very slightly different of the overall box, a little less rounded it seems on the big toe side. I wear a 12 in most Altra models and the Olympus 12 might be 1/4" longer internally. I haven't put on my normal hiking sock combo in them to be sure that it rings true.
    I picked mine up for $160, still expensive and I hope they last 500 miles. The only part that concerns me is on the sole where the Vibram rubber is not at. There is some soft foam exposed similar to parts of the Timp sole that I think will wear fast.
    AT: 471 mi

    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'

    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/user/tehJC13

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    Internal volume feels the same as my original Timps. The shape is very slightly different of the overall box, a little less rounded it seems on the big toe side. I wear a 12 in most Altra models and the Olympus 12 might be 1/4" longer internally. I haven't put on my normal hiking sock combo in them to be sure that it rings true.
    I picked mine up for $160, still expensive and I hope they last 500 miles. The only part that concerns me is on the sole where the Vibram rubber is not at. There is some soft foam exposed similar to parts of the Timp sole that I think will wear fast.
    Great. Altra is giving me warranty for temps so Iíll going to pay the $40 up charge and try the O 4 when available on the site


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Happy to report Altra has stepped up their warranty policy.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Leonidas
    Join Date
    04-26-2016
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Good to hear!
    AT: 471 mi

    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'

    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/user/tehJC13

  18. #18

    Default

    "Stepped up" Good one.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    My Altra Olympus 4.0s showed up yesterday... They are a thing of beauty, unfortunately, no trips planned until November.
    After using the Olympus 4 on the wind river high route Iím very please with comfort but they took a beating...the 80 mile route is mostly off trail on rock and boulders so the mesh is beat up but honestly in this terrain itís
    not surprising.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Leonidas
    Join Date
    04-26-2016
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    996

    Default

    I put 50 miles on mine in Segment 1 of the MST a couple of weekends ago. I was pretty impressed with the traction/grip and mine came out looking like new minus some staining from mud. Day 1 was 50% of the day wet from rain or creek crossings. About to put 300 more on them on the BMT in a month or so. They dry a little slower it seemed than other Altra models I have had before.
    AT: 471 mi

    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'

    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/user/tehJC13

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •