WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Concord Coach Lines in NH reopens Aug 16th

The bus connection to the whites from Boston is reopening August 16th.

This is the only public transportation option to get to the Whites when coming in from out of state. There are two runs of interest to hikers, one runs through Franconia Notch and the other runs through Gorham and Pinkhams Notch. The drop off point In Lincoln south of Franconia Notch is several miles south of the AT crossing of the parkway. Both buses go to Logan airport in Boston and South Station in Boston where many bus lines and Amtrak go south. No doubt there will be Covid rules and plan to bring and wear a mask.

Note, Concord Coach is not convenient to the Manchester NH airport if you want to fly in go through Boston

I bumped airports for September up to Portland, ME partially due to coach not running. But 2 round trip coach tickets were only $100 less then a full week car rental through Turo app so not that big of a deal. However it is a memorable part of my section hike getting off the Dartmouth bus in Hanover and walking north for a week before heading back to Boston.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

++ New Posts ++