WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

During "Covid," I have not been here much. Rainman gave me much valued advise about 10 years ago on where to take my then 10 & 12 year old sons to hike our first AT section. He lit a fire under us! My condolences to his family and friends....

I believe this would be the obituary notice in question.My condonlences to the family,he was obviously a good man and will be missed.
    https://www.tba.org/?pg=LawBlog&blAc...logEntry=56743

Rain Man's greatest joy even more than his hikes was his family. He loved and lived his pride in his daughters. He was a great supporter of his hiking friends at Nashville too. He and his wife Stitches (or Stitch? It always was hard for me to remember which) are still a special, warm memory. In 2010 I was preparing for a thru attempt when he contacted me about a shuttle for the whole family over the 2009? Thanksgiving weekend. That led to my driving their huge, heavy Lincoln? Cadillac? which they had somehow inherited. It was drizzly and lightly snowing as I crept down to my home at Sugar Grove after leaving them at Massie Gap. A couple of nights later they appeared in my back yard after having abandoned the rest of their planned hike for safety reasons. Later they hosted me for the night before my early morning flight to Austin to take my middle daughter for a weekend at Rockport on the Gulf of Mexico. Their home was beautiful, his computer home office well appointed, their
    breakfast filling. Thank you, Rain Man and family. He was a treasure to the hiking community as well as you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++