WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default ramen noodles best recipe

What's your best ramen recipe? With tomato sauce, peanut butter, spam, pepperoni ? Seaweed snack mixed in?

Packet gourmet makes a Ramen rescue soooo good, choice of fresh dehydrated veggies and or beef, chicken.

Default ramen noodles best recipe

I’ve been experimenting at home. Today for breakfast I had a package of Ichiban beef ramen with homemade pemmican (dried beef with bison tallow), beef gelatin, and collagen peptides added. It was very good; the pemmican and gelatin really made the sauce delicious.

Ingredients and energy :
    100 grams ramen; 40 grams pemmican; 20 grams gelatin; 10 grams collagen peptides. Total 170 grams or 6 ounces, 825 calories. 67 grams carbs, 54 grams protein; 38 grams fat.
    Last edited by jimqpublic; 08-29-2020 at 20:01.

Images

Green chili ramen, 1/2 tsp dried spicy salsa mix, heaping tbsp peanut butter, packet of Thai chili tuna.

Redneck Pad Thai.
    My name is Tabasco and I approve this message.

Mikes Mighty Good Organic Vegetarian Kimchi Ramen with homemade dehydrated kimchi. Delicious!

where i am now, which might not be where i am tomorrow

open packet. discard sodium bomb. eat crunchy.

I found some unique sources of recipes utilizing Ramen, and a limited number of other ingredients, that may be adaptable to a hiker's diet:

https://www.wehalfitall.com/prison-food-recipes/

https://www.grunge.com/44909/prison-...lly-delicious/

https://www.pinterest.com/kgproctor1012/prison-recipes/

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...ramen-noodles/

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Not mine. Skurka's Peanut Noodles. 141 kcal / oz.

Last year, he had a chef work with him to improve the recipe. It is absolutely delicious. Personally, I like including both the raisins and crushed peanuts.

Otherwise, I prefer to repackage it at home as vegetable noodle soup: throw away the flavor packet, add two powdered chicken bouillon packets and some dehydrated vegetables.
    Last edited by blackmagic; 09-01-2020 at 17:45.

Images

There are some decent recipes in this book. It probably has around 50 recipes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ramen, 1 cup water, 1/2 packet flavoring, 1 Tablespoon butter, 1 can chicken (Swanson chicken if you can get it). Boil water with ramen until water almost gone, add 1/2 packet flavoring, butter and chicken. Stir well and eat. Yum Yum.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Chili pepper, eggs and green onion are must have for my ramen soup

Geez, picking a favorite ramen recipe . . . variety is the spice of life . . .
    1) My stand-by is noodles with a handful of freeze-dried veggies thrown in with whatever meat or interesting flavor packets I happen to have brought along.
    For meat I'll use tuna, chicken, summer sausage, chopped up jerky, chopped up pepperoni, or even rehydrated dried ground burger. Sometimes, if I don't have freeze-dried veggies available, I'll rehydrate plane old dried frozen veggies and boil the noodles in the water along with the rehydrated veggies. . . I often just buy a package of frozen mixed veggies and throw them into the food drier, dry them, then rehydrate a heaping tablespoon, or so, of them for an hour or two before stopping to cook dinner in in the rehydrated veggie/water mix. Super easy, cheap, and surprisingly flavorful.
    2) One of my favorite flavors, often mixed into the above concoction, is a liberal amount of peanut butter and red peppers either as dried flakes or as a sauce. Mmm, mmm, mmm. Kinda like backpacking Thai food.

On another note, being my lazy, variety-loving self, I will use the exact same procedures as above, but do so with a different starch. So, instead of ramen I do the same thing with instant potatoes, instant rice, or couscous. Without much effort or expense you quickly have a dozen different, relatively well balanced, meals, and you don't have to decide exactly what you're eating ahead of time.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Images

Ramen cooked to perrrrfection and the topped off with 3 eggs over easy :-)

++ New Posts ++