WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Checking in, after a long time

I started hiking sections of the AT Back in the fifties, as a lad. The trail followed the ridge of a mountain on our family land in SW Virginla. I have lived in Florida my entire life, but was able to hike the trail on my own from high school on.
    In 2012. I had a pesky heart attack which kept me off the trail for years. More recently, I have been able to do some short hikes in Wythe, Bland and Tazwell Counties. Hope to get back up this fall and put some more miles in the log. I have Not posted here in awhile, but I stop by and read what other folks have been doing.

Hey, Knocky, welcome back.

What ridge did your family own? I just section-hiked that area, so possibly walked the area your family owns/owned. Here and there are stretches with barbed wire on the ridge crests.

Welcome back sir, I've only been around here a few years. Great site with a great wealth of information. Good for you wanting to get back out there. What do you do to stay in good physical condition? Gym,walk,swim ? Hey great avatar by the way!

Dan, it’s the section running from where the AT crosses I-81 and going north to where it crosses I-77. The family moved into the area in the mid 1700’s.

++ New Posts ++