WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Section Hike of the AT Completed

After 4 years and nearly 3 months, 68 hikes mostly on weekends, countless hours driving to and from trail heads, my hike of the AT is finally complete. The last leg, from Stratton to Katahdin, began with 60 mph winds on the Bigelows and ended with 45-50 mph gusts on Katahdin. Otherwise the weather was perfect the entire two weeks. A big thank you to everyone who supported me and encouraged me to continue.

That is a fantastic accomplishment. Congratulations, and much respect.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

I am super impressed QuietStorm. Congratulations.

Images

Congratulations!

Images

Congrats from a fellow section hiker. I'm sure you'll reflect back fondly on your experience for the rest of your life.

Outstanding.... I've been sectioning for the past 14 years and hope to finish next year.... An AT thru-hike is tough no doubt, no dispute.... but I gotta say that sectioning the entire AT is a monstrous accomplishment and poses some extraordinary measures and planning that are beyond the scope of this note. I've been wanting to write a paper on the unique requirements that go into sectioning..... again, congratulations... and Happy Trails everyone!

Well done Quietstorm. My light at the end of the tunnel is not far off myself and my last section will be the same as yours was. Congratulations!!
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

HUGE, HUGE, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS To You QuietStorm!!!!!!!
    HellYah!!!!!!

It's quite a feeling(s) isn't it? I completed the AT, by sectioning it, in 2018.

willin'

Journal Entries
    Images

Awesome accomplishment!
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

Quote Originally Posted by u.w. View Post
    HUGE, HUGE, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS To You QuietStorm!!!!!!!
    HellYah!!!!!!

It's quite a feeling(s) isn't it? I completed the AT, by sectioning it, in 2018.

willin'
    Will I thought about you the other day on the trail up in Maine, I think we were supposed to run into each other on your last section through Vermont but I dipped down into Bennington for the night and we didn't cross paths.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Superb! Thanks for celebrating with us, and for the inspiration to me to keep at it!

Congrat,s that was a fast section hike of the trail. Took me ten years of serious sectioning and technically It took me 40 plus or minus years as I climbed the Hunt trail on Baxter when I was 11 in 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    After 4 years and nearly 3 months, 68 hikes mostly on weekends, countless hours driving to and from trail heads, my hike of the AT is finally complete. The last leg, from Stratton to Katahdin, began with 60 mph winds on the Bigelows and ended with 45-50 mph gusts on Katahdin. Otherwise the weather was perfect the entire two weeks. A big thank you to everyone who supported me and encouraged me to continue.
    Kudos!

That's quite a "barbell" finish w/r/t the weather!

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Will I thought about you the other day on the trail up in Maine, I think we were supposed to run into each other on your last section through Vermont but I dipped down into Bennington for the night and we didn't cross paths.
    Yeah Bro. That was my "final" section. From 25A Wentworth, NH down to VT9 Bennington, VT.

Talk about a lot of emotion(s) as I drew nearer and nearer to completion, that wooden bridge, the river, that gravel parking lot, and VT9....

I wish we could've met on trail when we were up there at the same time, but it just didn't work out. I really thought it would've been super cool because we met on my first section of the AT down in GA in 2015, and meeting up with you on my "final" completing section would've been pretty dang sweet, to say the least. Neither of us have stopped hiking though, I am happy to say, so perhaps (hopefully) our paths will cross again on trail, and we can catch up - which would be very cool for sure.

I'm getting ready to check out your latest post right after I post this. Looking forward to it in fact.

willin'

I just wanted to say congrats. I've been sectioning with hopes to eventually complete the whole trail, and it's great to hear of success stories. I'm looking at decades to get it done, so nice job on knocking out 68 trips over 4 years.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    Congratulations. We shuttled together once or twice years ago in Pennsylvania. That is so awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

Congratulations!!!

Was planning to finish in 2020, but with all the Covid-19 restrictions decided to put my 167 miles off until 2021. So planning to join you next year.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Congratulations!
    Stratton to the northern terminus is an accomplishment in itself, not to mention awesome, but even better with nearly 2000 miles behind it.
    It must feel great to put all that driving behind you (I'm smiling in memory of my own section-hiking experience).

++ New Posts ++