With some grace from the brain and trail I will finish the AT next year. I thought this may wrap up my hiking intentions but it seems that the mind will think about what it wants to and it is about chasing the adventure for me rather then completing the AT. So, for those that have completed a 2k+ mile trail what has been your experience with not wanting to start another long endeavor like that, but stick closer to home, and hike shorter trails?
Within a 3 hour drive for me I can hike: The Pinhoti, Sheltowee Trace, Cumberland Trail and the BMT. I plan on starting with the Sheltowee Trace this month and sampling these three trails extensively over the next few years.

What is everyone's experience with shorter 300-400 mile trails like these after completing a task like the AT? The scope for these trips for the foreseeable future will be weekends and possible some 3 day holiday weekends, but mostly just Friday to Sundays. In the 2022 timeframe I would enjoy spending a week or 2 on these short trails - What expectations should have in in contrast to the AT for a trip like that? Involving off trail accommodations, resupply and logistics?