WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Delaware Water Gap Clarion

For awareness. Poor customer service at Delaware Water Gap Clarion.

Had a terrible experience here. A party that started in the bar and banquet room continued to the rooms around me. The partiers are extremely loud. Its 4:30 am and I have complained multiple times to the front desk clerk who has not been able to get the people to quiet down. Not a good night given I will start hiking soon.

Images

Default Delaware Water Gap Clarion

For awareness. Poor customer service at Delaware Water Gap Clarion.

Had a bad experience here. A party that started in the bar and banquet room continued to the rooms around me. The partiers are extremely loud. Its 5:00 am and I have complained multiple times to the front desk clerk who has not been able to get the people to quiet down. Not a good night given I will start hiking soon.

Always a miserable problem with drunks or large groups of young adults never having left home before. I have had this happen a few times over the years, though you can't get lost sleep back, you can cause others to lose to lose some by speaking with the manager when checking out to have the charge removed from your card. Most chain hotels like Clarion are operated by management companies (the name of the management company should be on a plague in plain sight of the front desk) who do not like these problems and scrutiny of credit card companies and will likely refund you charge on the spot. When there is no decision authority present on check out, I have gone back via telephone to find a manger to lodge the complaint and get the name of the management company operating the facility. Once it's known you will be taking this well up the ladder, someone will likely make the refund decision on the spot.

shoulda camped in the woods

Journal Entries

I've had this happen at various places over the years, some much higher end then the DWG Clarion (which I did stay at during my thru, and had a fine stay, and a couple of beers comped to me). It sucks but yes not so much on the Clarion as for when people get out of control there is only so much that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    ... Once it's known you will be taking this well up the ladder, someone will likely make the refund decision on the spot.
    I guess I didn't climb high enough up the ladder, all I got was a apology.

++ New Posts ++