WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Images

I can't fathom how it wouldn't fit over a Catalyst.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by 88BlueGT View Post
    Thats weird that it wouldnt fit with a bag smaller than 5000ci. Maybe you recieved the wrong one or something? Granted, I only use about 4,000 in my bag theres still the room there to be taken up.

I don't know, it didn't fit; I may have to back track, but the catalyst is only slightly smaller than the Kelty; I know for sure that it didn't fit the Kelty as that is the one I ultimately took on the trip as I couldn't fit everything I wanted to take in the Catalyst. I had at least one phone conversation with Ed who was very helpful. I ended up returning it. It was only slightly to small. I may have to consider buying a custom fit version. I liked the product and Ed was great to work with.

Agreed +

Good Luck w/ your next packa. Hopefully everything works out this time

Default Thanks ATTroll

Thanks ATTroll, I really do appreciate you making this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y6Belr3mrA

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Trail Days. The newest version of the Packa should (hopefully) be available.
    Cedar Tree

If I may comment....I have, and love my Packa. As far as the issue with you pack in the rain, I reversed my pack, seam sealed it, and it is totally waterproof. I tested it in a two hour shower, with two towels inside the pack, and no moisture intruded at all. So, I am not worried about my pack getting wet. The Packa is a great rain jacket, mostly because it does not allow any rain down your back like a traditional rain jacket and pack cover. It also has unbelievably great ventilation. Finally, it is large enough that it can also act as a ground cloth for my Wild Oasis, or at a minimum another "blanket" over me in the night. I am a huge fan, and think that everyone should at least check them out.

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Jorel View Post
    If I may comment....I have, and love my Packa. As far as the issue with you pack in the rain, I reversed my pack, seam sealed it, and it is totally waterproof. I tested it in a two hour shower, with two towels inside the pack, and no moisture intruded at all. So, I am not worried about my pack getting wet. The Packa is a great rain jacket, mostly because it does not allow any rain down your back like a traditional rain jacket and pack cover. It also has unbelievably great ventilation. Finally, it is large enough that it can also act as a ground cloth for my Wild Oasis, or at a minimum another "blanket" over me in the night. I am a huge fan, and think that everyone should at least check them out.
    Did you weigh the pack before and after the two hour soak? CUrious to know how much it weghed with the straps good and soaked. One of the things I like about the Packa is that it covers the shoulder straps and hip belt, both of which suck up water like sponges.

I sealed my pack, too, but the fabric itself, while "water resistant," is not waterproof itself, so seam sealing did not help in an all-day rain. Water wicked in through the fabric. But I use Zip-Locs inside to organize so it wasn't a major problem. But the Packa solved all that anyway.
    Frosty

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
++ New Posts ++