WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Best Hostel and place to park Damascus VA

I will be hiking NOBO toward the vehicle in Damascus VA. Shuttling South to hike North. Anyone have a suggestion for a nice hostel and a place to park? Thanks!

town library to park. Broken Fiddle hostel. you need a shuttle?

Yes, shopping for shuttle too. I read recently read that public facilities in Damascus are closed. Does that include the Library lot as well? Is it safe to park there? Fee?

the library itself is closed but the lot is open and free. police patrol it a lot. very safe. when do you need a shuttle?

Good to know that. Will be arriving in Damascus sometime between 10 and 11 am Nov 7. Park then Shuttle to Dennis Cove AT Trailhead. Is that doable? What is your fee? Just me but potentially one other.

sorry. not available on the 7th or 8th. try Mount Rogers outfitters for a shuttle

Tried them. They answered email and gave a number to call (Lumpy). Called, left messages. As of a week now no reply. The employee was also surprised I never received a reply. So need another suggestion of you know of another service.

For shuttle, try Barbara 276-388-2906

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    Tried them. They answered email and gave a number to call (Lumpy). Called, left messages. As of a week now no reply. The employee was also surprised I never received a reply. So need another suggestion of you know of another service.
    Matt is Lumpy's shuttle driver and his # 276-475-3526 .Knows the area and dependable.

Thanks, goatee! Will call.

++ New Posts ++