WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

LarWat
    Journal Entries

Default Issues with LHG solo + awning

Hi, I'm thru hiking the AT currently and am over half way through. Yet I'm still having issues with my light heart gear solo tent. I find it difficult to get the perfect pitch so that the two long ends don't collapse on each other. I'm not tall but often my feet do touch the wall of the tent. This feels unavoidable since I got my 25° bag (it's thicker than my previous bag). And now that there's frost every morning, my bag is getting damp. I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do. I don't want to sink money on a new tent.

Images

It helps if you post a photo, but generally, if the long ends are collapsing, you're pulling the tie outs that are midway along the fly and body too far out.

LarWat
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    It helps if you post a photo, but generally, if the long ends are collapsing, you're pulling the tie outs that are midway along the fly and body too far out.

I'll take a pic next time I pitch. I don't have a good one rn. I have noticed I get closer to perfect when I leave things a little loose and ensure each corner is perfectly straight across from the other (sometimes a challenge on rocky terrain). But even still, I'll end up with a weird amount of loose fabric on the floor and sides but the long ends are caving a little and my bag is getting wet

++ New Posts ++