WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ISO: Appalachian Trail Map Buff

Hi all, this might be a long shot, but last month I did some hiking in Petrified Forest and carelessly left my beloved AT buff at the motel. I drove (multiple hours) back to the motel a week later and asked around for it, but it seems it must have been thrown away by the staff. I wore that buff on every step of the AT in 2018 and many hikes afterward, and because I mainly take photos on hikes, I'm wearing it in basically every photo of me from the past three years. It looks like this:
    1722a266857a712848a419020e1bbfc9.jpg

I know that it would probably be better to just *let go* and buy a new, different buff, but I feel really sentimentally attached to that one and would like to replace it with the same version. I can't find it on the internet anywhere-- it seems the ATC has a new sponsored AT buff with pictures of plants and a bear, and I just don't like that one as much as the topographic map. It seems to be out of production, and I've checked Amazon, Ebay, and a variety of other used clothing sellers but can't seem to find a used one. It occurred to me that somebody on here might have one lying around.

If anyone has this buff without the huge sentimental attachment to it that I have, and you would be willing to sell it to me, you would truly make my Christmas. I'm happy to pay up to the cost of a brand new Buff plus the cost of shipping. I know it's a small, silly thing, but for some reason I'm feeling stuck on it. Please let me know!
    A.T. 2018 Thru-hiker
    Follow along at www.tefltrekker.com

https://www.gmyceleb.com/index.php?m...ucts_id=570432

I’ve never actually ordered from this site

Quote Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
    If anyone has this buff without the huge sentimental attachment to it that I have, and you would be willing to sell it to me, you would truly make my Christmas. I'm happy to pay up to the cost of a brand new Buff plus the cost of shipping. I know it's a small, silly thing, but for some reason I'm feeling stuck on it. Please let me know!
    I understand the sentiment exactly. I carried my ZPacks EXO pack every inch of the AT. The Exo was the original Zpacks design and the predecessor to the Arc Blast. By the time I went up Katahdin, it was pretty well shredded.

Being with you that long, it takes on a sentimental personality all it’s own. I still cannot throw that pack away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Random update I thought I'd share:

I tried ordering from perrymk's link, but it turns out it was a scam site and nothing ever came. I had an alert set up on Ebay and Amazon for used ones to no avail. I essentially gave up on replacing the buff. Many months passed.

Two months ago I started working for REI as a multi-day guide on the Utah team, mostly running trips in Zion and Bryce. Recently had a Zion trip with a fellow guide we were borrowing from the Yosemite team. I was telling a guest about my obsession with maps and showing him my buff (I replaced the beloved AT buff with a similar non-AT-affiliated buff with a topographical map design) and I told the story of losing my AT buff and the lengths I'd gone to find or replace it. The Yosemite guide perked up and said, "Is it like that one, but more yellow and green?" I told him yes, and pulled up a couple photos from my thru-hike and more recent conservation work where I'm wearing the lost buff in question.

He tells me he has that buff, but it's currently stuffed into a crack in his van to keep it from rattling while he drives, and he never wears it because he hasn't hiked the AT and feels like a poser if he does. We finish the Zion trip and get back to our warehouse to de-rig. Sure enough, he walks over to his van, opens the door, and pulls the buff out of the crack it's stuffed into. I offered to cover the cost of replacing it but he insisted on just giving it to me. It was such a random, delightful surprise. Thought I'd share!
    A.T. 2018 Thru-hiker
    Follow along at www.tefltrekker.com

That's a great story and outcome!

i saw something similar at Mt Crossings a few days ago on their check out counter. You might try contacting them.

++ New Posts ++