WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Lost: Costa sunglasses at Icewater Spring Shelter (Newfound Gap, Smokies) 12/29/20

I left my sunglasses (Costa with blue tinted glass) on the platform inside the Icewater Spring Shelter (2 miles NOBO from Newfound Gap). They would have been next to the shelter log since I took them off to write in the log. They are old and missing the plastic bit on the bridge.

Happy New Years!
    Paperclip

Well, go back and get them.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Well, go back and get them.
    Yeah... thanks. I'll be back in March but I kind of feel like they won't be there any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by SCsurf98 View Post
    Yeah... thanks. I'll be back in March but I kind of feel like they won't be there any longer.
    Actually, unless someone decides they like them, or someone comes and cleans out the shelter of trash, they well could still be there.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by SCsurf98 View Post
    I left my sunglasses (Costa with blue tinted glass) on the platform inside the Icewater Spring Shelter (2 miles NOBO from Newfound Gap). They would have been next to the shelter log since I took them off to write in the log. They are old and missing the plastic bit on the bridge.
    Happy New Years!
    Paperclip
    Found them...I wouldn't try to get them back!Bear w sunglasses 2 01012021.jpeg

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

If you are on Facebook it might be worthwhile to post on Hiking the Smokies group.

There’s a meetup group hiking to Charlie’s Bunion on Monday, I’ll message the organizer and ask him to check the shelter.

Thanks everyone! At this point it's just fun to think about getting them back, however unlikely. Great community we got here!

++ New Posts ++