WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Creede, CO.
    KIP’s Grill.
    Shrimp Tacos.
    Kip’s is also in Pagosa Springs, CO
    ‘Nuff said.
    Wayne

Ono Fish Tacos in Lahaina Hi.

'Nuff said.

I think this is the last NH winter I can tolerate. I'm hitching southwest for fish tacos.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Y’all can have the fish tacos.
    Leave more shrimp tacos for me!
    Wayne

Actually a more important point to this might be when do you want to resupply? You will get into town regardless of what point you choose to go in at. I had gotten off the trail for a bit at the Mt Princeton hot springs road so when I returned that is where I started back up. So, I did not resupply in Salida, or the store(forget name) on the hwy. If I remember right I did a bit over 100 miles section and didn't want to go much further than that. Had I done the more traditional resupply my decision, to resupply in Creede, might have been different.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

I really wish I did Creede instead of Lake City and I met a lot of people that felt the same or were really happy with their choice of Creede. I read up and thought it would be tough to hitch into Creede, but people were coming and going from San Luis (DO IT!) even on a weekday. Going into Lake City only two cars went in the direction of Lake City over 30 mins. There were lots of vehicles going the other direction with ATVs. I walked over to the trailhead parking lot where there were lots of cars and someone gave me a ride in. I was expecting Lake City to be different, wasn’t prepared for the ATV culture and signs on businesses pretty much stating that they wouldn’t be compliant with the state’s mask order (the brewery had their stuff together and a cool owner). As a FYI, there was no shuttle and no hostels operating.

On the way way out I didn’t even have to put my thumb out. A local piled everyone he saw on the side of the road into the back of his pick-up. I got the feeling he does that a lot.

As we all know, hitching is all luck. I’m a woman by myself and it took my 1.5 hours of heavy traffic to get a ride into Silverton, and that is well known as a super easy hitch.

I picked up several hikers from the Trailhead, drove the, into town and right to where they were gonna stay. Then the next day I picked up 2 more and drove them to town and we had lunch.
    Imwas doing day hikes
    With my dog and always try to give back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++