WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Images

my first hike music?

pink floyd's echoes......

and then this complete album---"greyfolded"

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...&pbjreload=102

While im hiking i like energetic music, "heavy" !

Big shout out Eddie i like the first album eruption, running with the devil.
    Some uncle Ted Nugent

Black label society
    Some slipknot oh yeah
    Some slayer
    Maybe some stitched up heart.

But then when I get into camp or laying in my tent or hammock I like me some pink floyd dark side of the moon.
    Something chill perhaps come credence Clearwater.( put a candle in the window).

I wanted to add I'm very diverse when it comes to music.
    I really like me some good blue grass music when I'm in the woods.

Like "Green Sky " great blue grass
    And Steve ' N ' Seagulls another really good blue grass band they cover old classic rock songs but do it blue grass style.
    Last edited by JNI64; 01-03-2021 at 10:22.

Images

Favorite trail singers - Roufus Sidede Towhee (as it was called when I was growing up - now Eastern Towhee), American Robin, Red Tailed Hawk, Wood Thrush, American Gold Finch, Red Shouldered Hawk, to name a few.

.....and maybe some Aaron Copeland - Appalachian Spring, Fanfare for the Common Man, An Outdoor Overture - followed by some ZZ Top, Eagles and Johnny Cash
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Yeah to be honest I rarely listen to music while hiking, I might miss that one opportunity to see a wild life I've always wanted to see. Or step on a rattlesnake.

I've always wanted to see zztop live.

Journal Entries
    Images

How about Hotel California.

But this version ��

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-M70aFS6s

Or just about any Nuevo Flamenco. Or finger style guitar magic like Preston Reed creates.

Good whenever, but amazing o hike to.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Yeah to be honest I rarely listen to music while hiking, I might miss that one opportunity to see a wild life I've always wanted to see. Or step on a rattlesnake.

I've always wanted to see zztop live.
    Matches my attitude when I hiked the JMT... Built a large music collection, downloaded it to my phone and had my earphones in my pack. Never listened to any of it, and I did feel like I missed a thing.

In all the miles I have hiked in the past 46 years I have only listened to music once. That was descending Mt Sterling and that was Todd Rundgren’s “A Wizard A True Star.”
    More walking, less talking.

Im not a music and hike kinda guy.. and too paranoid of lions tigers and bears "OH MY" to put earbuds in at night.
    I also feel like those that play music in the woods audible to others Especially on tiny cruddy sounding speakers should have their meal cards permanently stamped "NO DESSERT"
    Now when I was doing mounted endurance training, I knew my training trails pretty well, and my horse would tell me if anything was coming I did crank some tunes.
    Playlist is all over the place... 80's hairbands, current alternative rock, Eminem. older fast country,,, not that whining crying stuff, 90's pop, Shoot even got NSYNC Bye bye bye,,, and a Britney Spears Medly.

Never listened to any music while outdoors - the nature is providing enough of fun and distraction.

But recently out of sheer boredom I got the ancient (70ties) tape machine from the loft and started to digitize the old tapes.
    Janis Joplin, Joni Mitchell, The Beatles - all of the old stuff.

Considering now to put together some playlist for hopefully upcoming long winter nights in the tent.

Mostly agree on the natural soundscape. But if I need a jumpstart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSJSVmfaMCs

Quote Originally Posted by HankIV View Post
    Mostly agree on the natural soundscape. But if I need a jumpstart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSJSVmfaMCs
    I don't know why ,but that is so freaking funny!!
    I don't know about post covid but mid covid you gotta a chuckle out of me.

Music is very powerful to me like working out ,hiking, nature, a very powerful natural force that makes me forget about all this B.S.. !!

If not just for a lil while!!

I usually don't listen to music while hiking but did listen to Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite while hiking there. My favorite!

Tiësto actually has a podcast. Pretty hard to do anything slow. Not safe for driving. Great for exercise of any sort.

Music can be inspriational and also be used as a hiking tool. I find ear-bud delivered music to be very useful on road walk portions of the trail along with high-use areas where many people are talking loudly and shouting between groups. Great tool to salvage a portion of the day that would otherwise be miserable. In the back country I tend not to use them so I can be part of the environment as opposed to an interloper. Of course there are exceptions like a stay in place rain delay or there are people around unaware shouting for their escaped dog is annoying.

Leaving these areas can leave one a bit flat and there are few more inspirational moments than listening to Appalachian Spring while sitting at a view high up in the mountains.

I've had to listen to music on a few occasions as I've passed, or been passed, by hikers with speakers attached to their packs. I guess they think everyone likes their music... Personally I never have nor will ever listen to music while hiking, or in camp for that matter, as I feel capable of entertaining myself with my own thoughts.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Speakers no bueno, that’s rude.

Who is waiting for Post Covid to go hiking?
    I haven’t stopped hiking. Not backpacking, but still hiking.
    Music? I have a playlist titled Road Trip. It works equally well in the car or on the trail.
    Highlights: 2 tunes from Golden Earring. Y’all know which two. The Alman Brothers: Mountain Jam, the long one. Iron Butterfly. Again, The long one. Eagles of course.
    Be cool y’all!
    Wayne

Journal Entries
    Images

Cool One of my choices

I don't listen to music when I hike, but I will sometimes (and ONLY when alone!) sing when on the trail. Among my favorites is this one, here sung by some hikers who seem to have REALLY learned how to do ultra-lite.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqHMZxxmqVk

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
    I don't listen to music when I hike, but I will sometimes (and ONLY when alone!) sing when on the trail. Among my favorites is this one, here sung by some hikers who seem to have REALLY learned how to do ultra-lite.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqHMZxxmqVk
    Ya wahr! Love to hike with them!
    humor is the gadfly on the corpse of tragedy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++