Hi all. I’m just looking for any advice and suggestions for an upcoming section hike. Please tell me if anything doesn’t look right.

I’ve done all my thru and long section hikes in LaSportiva Wildcats (I love the grippy bottoms), but it looks like these may not be the right shoes for the FT. I’m planning on a ~282 mi section from 441 (N of Lake City) down to Beachline (E of Orlando). Other than dries well and isn’t awful on the pavement, is there anything specific I would need in the shoe? I’m thinking of using an old pair of Hokas (back when they were super bulky).

I’m going to fly into Jacksonville. It looks like there is a bus to Lake City and I can hitch north to the trail. It’s that or contact the North Florida Trail Blazers to see if a trail angel wants to shuttle me for a few bucks BUT I am not on Facebook and I can’t find another way to contact them. Does anyone have any info about them or transportation suggestions?

It looks like general gun season ends on Jan 24. The site with all the hunting info is a bit of a mess of info. If this info is wrong please let me know. Me not getting shot will be your good karma.

I appreciate the help.