WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Exclamation 100 Mile Wilderness Supply Drop Info

As mentioned in the ALDHA Thru-hikers' Companion, Whiteblaze member Boarstone offers 100 Mile Wilderness resupply. Remember there are NO maildrops at Whitehouse Landing anymore! Resupply can be arranged at several locations, (not just at Jo-Mary Road as listed in the '06 Companion) contact Boarstone early at [email protected] !
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

wow, TJ what's the cost?

Images

RITBlake: Hello: This is Boarstone: At this time I am only asking for donations as you see fit. I live in the area of K.I. and am willing to help you folks out getting trough the "100 miler" I've done portions of it myself, I can realate! Please feel free to e-mail me about drops and I'll pick up packages at P. O. or you can deliver UPS at my door and I will deliver and repackage into plastic pail(s)

Images

Boarstone, that's an awesome favor! You'll probably get taken up on it.

However, I can attest that the WHL is another great place for resupply. They have everything - fuel, plenty of food, deet, and while it's more pricey, it was definitely worth not having to lug the recommended 10 day supply. Plus, the boat ride across the "pond" was sweet. Just another option for you future SOBO's.

Good luck!

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I can imagine that this could turn into a popular service, boarstone. I hope that you're still doing this when I do this section in 2013!
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

++ New Posts ++